× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR1000 not getting the correct speeds.

Niico
Aspirant

XR1000 not getting the correct speeds.

My nighthawk XR1000 is not getting the full speeds that my ISP provides. I have at&t fiber and I get 1000 up and down when im not using my XR1000. When I connect my router to my computer my download and upload speeds are stuck at 100. Im not sure why this is happening. 

Message 1 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR1000 not getting the correct speeds.

The internet cable that you're using to connect the XR to the modem is limited to 100 Mbits, either this is because the cable itself is not capable of those speeds (needs to be Cat5e or higher) or the cable is damaged. If you replace it with a suitable cable you should see speeds more along the lines of what you usually get.
Message 2 of 12
Niico
Aspirant

bought a CAT6 cable and still have the same results

Message 3 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Does the Device Manager still show 100Mbits for the internet port?
Message 4 of 12
Niico
Aspirant

Yes

Message 5 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What is the ISP modem/router model you're using? If you connect using the same cable from the modem does your PC get higher speeds?
Message 6 of 12
Niico
Aspirant

AT&T BGW320 LED is the router/modem im using. Im running a CAT 5e through my living room wall where my modem/router is at to my room outlet. From the outlet from my wall I connect a CAT 6 (the one I just bought) from the wall to the XR1000. Then from the router to the my PC im using the CAT 7 that came with the router to connect the two. I ran speed tests when straight connected to the modem and I had 945 download to 800 upload. Then tested speed with my router and I got 80 down and up.

Message 7 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

How have you setup the BGW to pass traffic straight through to the XR, modem/bridge/DMZ etc?
Message 8 of 12
Niico
Aspirant

Im not sure what that is so I haven't set it up

Message 9 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Copy the WAN IP from the System Information page on the XR then access the BGW interface, find the DMZ option and input that there, then try a speed test on the XR again
Message 10 of 12
Niico
Aspirant

I entered the WAN IP on the IP Passthrough section it says "address must be on network" then gives my IP

Message 11 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Can you take me through exactly what you did please as if you used the IP from the System Information and not any other IP (including the one you access the interface with) it should work
Message 12 of 12
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7