× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR1000 settings get wiped on reset

fatalbert
Tutor

XR1000 settings get wiped on reset

Whenever I reset my XR1000 router (pushing the button on the back of it) the settings appear to get wiped and I am back at factory new settings and need to set everything back up. I've tried backing up the settings and restoring and that does not seem to work. 

I am running firmware 1.0.0.58 and when I do a check it says there is no new firmware available. 

I have seen others post about this in the past (months ago) with no resolution. This is a critical blocker bug as it results in loss of access upon a reset or power outage which is completely unacceptable. Nevermind the fact that the user needs to set everything up again which is frustrating and time consuming.

Does anyone have a resolution for this yet?

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR1000 settings get wiped on reset

Once you setup the router, reboot from the interface and wait 2 minutes before accessing. This will act as a hard save, then if you use the button to reboot it next time your settings should be preserved.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What browser are you using? 

Yes, resets WILL clear out all user configurations. 

After the router is fully set up, use either MS Edge or Firefox and back up the routers configuration to file. 

If a reset is performed, and you re-apply the saved configuration from file the settings saved should appear and be configured in the router after it reboots...

Message 2 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Once you setup the router, reboot from the interface and wait 2 minutes before accessing. This will act as a hard save, then if you use the button to reboot it next time your settings should be preserved.
Message 3 of 6
fatalbert
Tutor

I'm using Chrome. I am not factory resetting so why would I lose settings? As stated in my OP I've already saved the settings as a backup that I tried to restore and none of the settings took effect, it remained with factory new settings.

Message 4 of 6
fatalbert
Tutor

I will try this and get back to you.

Message 5 of 6
fatalbert
Tutor

That seemed to have done the trick. Would be nice if the settings were saved when you hit save after changing them and not only after resetting through the interface. Seems odd, but it worked. Hopefully it stays this way.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7