× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR1000 syntaxerror+logs+saved settings

PapaLung
Apprentice

XR1000 syntaxerror+logs+saved settings

Ok guys, I'm honestly tired of this game I've been playing for months now. Received new xr1000 replacement router from factory. Has been in use less than 3 weeks, still getting these January 24th dated logs , factory reset only seems to erase passwords and network names, I have as of right this moment, performed 3 factory resets AND fresh firmware installations this morning to attempt to get the syntax error to go away so I can utilize the interfaces device monitor. Is there somewhere else this router saves settings ie. my pc, Netgears servers ect. that needs to be erased???? Do I need to request a different router from you guys?? Is there a better , newer version with less issues? How on earth did this router get through test at Netgear? Does anyone at Netgear actually have real-world experience using the XR1000?? I understand it's not a "plug and play" set up, but my God, if it's not one thing it's another with this model. I need some REAL help with this thing, not a factory reset not a reboot not a "we'll pass it on" with no answer for months but some actual help. So please, for the love of God, can I get in contact with someone who knows what they're actually talking about so I can fix this (now my second in less than a year) XR1000????
Message 1 of 18
FURRYe38
Guru

Are these log entries causing problems? 

Not much can be done with FW changes here in the forums. This would be beyond forum help. 

Message 2 of 18
PapaLung
Apprentice

Logs are for (in my experience) showing data and failed/completed processes by the network or router. If I knew what the logs meant, I could probably figure out the issue, but, that information far as I can tell, is non existent , hence my question. I'm not asking for new FW either, I'm asking if it's the XR1000 that's the issue and is there another more reliable option I should go to.
Message 3 of 18
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post a snippet capture of what the logs are showing. Please remove any MAC addresses before posting. 

Message 4 of 18
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Looking back at your posts you mentioned the Jan 24th logs before and I said to change the timezone to get that appearing correctly, does that work? I can't see any previous reference to a syntax error, could you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing exactly please?
Message 5 of 18
PapaLung
Apprentice

Yes, I have changed the timezone. Picture is attached.
Message 6 of 18
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Did that resolve the date issue then?

For the error, are you forcing a connect to the interface using HTTPS? Even if you're not specifically your browser might be, e.g. Safari does this, could you force HTTP just in case and see if the error goes?
Message 7 of 18
PapaLung
Apprentice

It did not resolve the date issue, what's even weirder is that this is not even the same router I began having the date issues with, netgear sent me a replacement and the information is the same, as well as some other settings like the "dont show this again " for the tour, it use to try and take me through it every time id factory reset but not anymore. That's why I'm wondering if there's a copy of that information being stored somewhere else and it's being applied after I factory reset and set up the router. I also just logged in using Microsoft edge, syntac error gone!!! Jan logs still there after reboot.
Message 8 of 18
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay great that's progress! Change the NTP server the router is using to calculate the time/date, apply then reboot and see if that corrects it please
Message 9 of 18
PapaLung
Apprentice

I have no idea which ntp server I'm supposed to use.
Message 10 of 18
FURRYe38
Guru

Try time.nist.gov

Message 11 of 18
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You don't have to use any particular one, try the one above and see if it works
Message 12 of 18
PapaLung
Apprentice

Does changing the timezone on the router automatically change the ntp?
Message 13 of 18
FURRYe38
Guru

No.

Message 14 of 18
PapaLung
Apprentice

Ok, I changed the ntp, the logs under the monitoring tab show correct time and date like they always have. The logs on the system information page still show Jan 24th with incorrect time.
Message 15 of 18
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Did you do a reboot after? Do the logs in the Settings show the correct date?
Message 16 of 18
PapaLung
Apprentice

I changed the ntp and rebooted the router. The logs under the monitoring tab show correct time and date like they always have. The logs on the system information page still show Jan 24th with incorrect time.
Message 17 of 18
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thanks for the information, I'll talk to the team about it, I think it will only affect the log reading given DumaOS reads it correctly on the same page
Message 18 of 18
Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7