× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR1000 the cable modem is scanning for a downstream channel.

FURRYe38
Guru

Your power levels are mostly all over the place and also too high for some channels:

https://kb.netgear.com/24311/Power-level-guidelines-for-a-NETGEAR-cable-modem-router

I'd get the ISP to look at the power levels and bring them down a bit and also get ALL the channels on or near same power levels for each other. 

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly. Might ask for a on site visit to be sure. 

Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Start with removing any amplifiers, signal attenuators, or splitters from the coax.
From there check the line for kinks, damage, moisture in the line.
Check the connectors for improperly made ends, foil touching the copper coax line, loose connections, bad/old/cheap connectors, or corroded connections. Replace them if you do.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/General-info-and-Troubleshooting-for-Cable-Mod...

Message 26 of 31
jeremyg237
Luminary

Had the XR500 hooked up all last night and unti 1200 EST. As soon as I plugged the XR1000 in the downstream blinked and I lost IPV6. Would like and try and figure this out but at the same time this is taking serious time. 

Message 27 of 31
jeremyg237
Luminary

Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. Done
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. I guess I need to buy one
Start with removing any amplifiers, signal attenuators, or splitters from the coax. Done
From there check the line for kinks, damage, moisture in the line. None
Check the connectors for improperly made ends, foil touching the copper coax line, loose connections, bad/old/cheap connectors, or corroded connections. Replace them if you do. Did not see anything. Also the XR500 is not having that issue on the same line with the same hook up. 

Message 28 of 31
FURRYe38
Guru

Still have the ISP review the event logs page and power levels. Power is too high. 

Message 29 of 31
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Try setting the XR1000 to use the same MAC address as the XR500 - some ISPs get weird when introducing a new router, if that is the case then the MAC change can prevent that
Message 30 of 31
TheJam
Aspirant

Noticed there's not been an update in a few months. Did you manage to get your XR1000 issue sorted with IPv6?

Message 31 of 31
Discussion stats
  • 30 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7