× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR1000

testrada1542
Aspirant

XR1000

My nighthawk XR1000 keeps getting disconnected from my modem i’m running an arris surfboard along with 800mbps speed it does this frequently when i log into the app or go online it says “connection: offline” does anyone know why
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: XR1000

what arris surfboard is it? 

How frequently is it happening? 

Does it happen to all devices or only 1?

Happen to just wireless devices? or both wired and wireless?

Message 2 of 6
testrada1542
Aspirant

it’s an arris surfboard sb8200 and the devices don’t disconnect. the actual router displays that the connection is offline it usually happens towards the end/beginning of months and it’s both hardwire and wifi
Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

are you using port aggregation on the sb8200?
i've got one I've tested on xfinity with a couple routers and it wasn't stable using its port aggregation

Message 4 of 6
testrada1542
Aspirant

honestly i’m not too sure i’m still a novice when it comes to things like this. i’ve only had the nighthawk for about 3-4 months.
Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Just to clarify, the issue is just that the router says it doesn't have a connection but devices still have internet? If you open Command Prompt on a PC when this happens and type ipconfig and press enter does the gateway say 192.168.1.1 or something else?
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7