× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR1000

Retired_Member
Not applicable

XR1000

I'm Having an issue with the connection of my new XR1000 for some reason whenever I format my router it defaults  to static  and my internet is dynamic. Also. When I go in my Duma OS manually without having to put my stuff in and switch it to dynamic, I still don't have it When I hook up my XR 450 that works. No issue except connection problems with the speed And this is a new XR1000 I don't know why this is happening I called my ISP to make this my main Router

Message 1 of 16
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

What problem is this causing exactly? 

What's the make and model of the modem the XR1000 is connected to? Is it a pure modem or does it also have Wi-Fi functionality?

Message 2 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

What browser are you using? 

Try MS Edge or FireFox

@Retired_Member wrote:

I'm Having an issue with the connection of my new XR1000 for some reason whenever I format my router it defaults  to static  and my internet is dynamic. Also. When I go in my Duma OS manually without having to put my stuff in and switch it to dynamic, I still don't have it When I hook up my XR 450 that works. No issue except connection problems with the speed And this is a new XR1000 I don't know why this is happening I called my ISP to make this my main Router

Message 3 of 16
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Never mind I fixed it. You can close the portal
Message 4 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Would you please give details on how you fixed it? 

Message 5 of 16
Retired_Member
Not applicable

my fiber ont modem wasn't giving the correct IP to the router so my router was thinking it was static which it wasn't so what i did is call back my isp put the fiber router back as my main router and now im piggybacking the internet from the fiber tower router instead to my xr1000
Message 6 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Message 7 of 16
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I'll tell u later I'm heading to work RN
Message 8 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Have a good day. 

Message 9 of 16
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I know what the issue is now. It's my fiber modem/router. Somebody is going to come in today and replace both of them. They did a lot of testing in the background and they said nothing is wrong with the connection. It's probably the hardware The guy that's going to come in is going to bring his equipment to test the modem and router
Message 10 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Good to hear. 

Let us know the brand and model of the ISP hardware. Hoping they will get all working well up to this point...then the XR should work well after that. Be sure that the ISP configures there stuff for modem mode or install something with out a built in router. Just need a interface with there services then connect up the XR and let that be your main host router. 

Message 11 of 16
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Somebody came in but the issue isn't fixed via fixed IP. But if you want to know what it's called is called ad tran and you want the serial number in IP
Message 12 of 16
Retired_Member
Not applicable

That serial number in MAC address is from the little modem ad tran it's called the ONT

Message 13 of 16
Retired_Member
Not applicable

And this is the big gateway sn

Message 14 of 16
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I thought it was the modem that was faulty? In which case a fixed IP wouldn't resolve it
Message 15 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

There a model # on the Adtran? 

Please avoid any product serial numbers or MAC addresses. Edit them out before posting in public forums. 

Might ask the ISP if there router is needed and if not, put the XR in place of there router. ONT>XR router.

Message 16 of 16
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7