× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR1000

Pilon
Follower

XR1000

How do I install a VPN Service in this router?
Message 1 of 5

Re: XR1000

@Pilon wrote:
How do I install a VPN Service in this router?

Which VPN service. There are many out there.

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Nighthawk WiFi Routers. (This is easily done, given Netgear's confusing community structure.)

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers about your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

Nighthawk Pro Gaming Routers - NETGEAR Communities

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

Message 2 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The Hybrid VPN feature isn't available on the XR1000 at the moment, you can use the VPN Service feature but this does not connect to a third party VPN like PureVPN etc.
Message 3 of 5
RichardRO
Aspirant

I am trying to connect to the VPN service except on my iphone OpenVPN log it keeps saying SERVER POLL TIMEOUT !!!!. I have contacted NETGEAR GEARHEAD customer support and they said it might be a BUG that should get fixed at the next FIRMWARE UPDATE. Does anyone else have the samer isssue ?? This is a $350 router and I cannot use its functions.

Message 4 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sorry to hear that, but if it is a bug then there isn't much you can do - I assume they have logged it with their team. If it is a bug then a replacement wouldn't work either. The feature isn't used much which is likely why it hasn't been seen until now.
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7