× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR1000

saab4u2
Aspirant

XR1009

Big POS**T ! Used for over 10years yrs n ow they suck. The manager ran off too. Spend 350 on a router and they cannot make it work?
Message 1 of 9
plemans
Guru

Re: XR1009

@saab4u2 wrote:
Big POS**T ! Used for over 10years yrs n ow they suck. The manager ran off too. Spend 350 on a router and they cannot make it work?

Really not sure what to make of this. 

The manager ran off? 

Do you have the XR1000? (you put XR1009)

What issues are you having? 

Message 2 of 9
saab4u2
Aspirant

I’ve tried the “support” three times now. A few weeks ago via text when I hooked up the router. After 15 minutes the person passed me off to another person who just started the line of questioning from the beginning. Two times last night, one via phone call the other via text. The person who answered the call said it sounded like it had to be reconfigured and transferred me to another person, that person couldn’t offer help on how to do that and simply hung up on me when I asked for someone who could. Then the text “support” said he couldn’t help as he has no knowledge of the XR1000 router. I asked for a manager again but nothing became of it. I even asked for their phone # so I could call them, that is where the nearly 20 minutes of support ended. How difficult is it to have a router stream videos from Amazon Prime, Disney +, Roku Channel, Tubi and others? I plug my old R6200 back in and everything streams as it should.
Message 3 of 9
plemans
Guru

When contacting support you click "mynetgear" at the top. Register an account and the device. From there you contact support. Not sure if that's how you did it but just putting it out there because many people don't talk to Netgear support. they get con/scam sites. 

What firmware are you on? 

What modem/gateway are you connecting it to? 

Is it only wireless that you're having issues with? 

What speeds do you pay for? 

What speeds do you get hardwired in? 

something to keep in mind with the XR1000 is that is uses smart connect. Smart connect combines the 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands into one. 2.4ghz is poor for streaming/gaming as its slow and more sensitive to interference. If you're in an area with congestion (apartments, condo, etc), try disabling smart connect. then you can make sure your streaming devices are connected to the proper band. 

Message 4 of 9

There is no phone support. You do it via the support portal:

Contact Us | Support | NETGEAR

Start here:

MyNETGEAR | Product Registration

Start a case and, with luck, they will contact you.

After the first 90 days – meant to cover the setup process –  you have to pay for support.

Netgear does not provide paid support. It farms that out to Gearhead.

GearHead Support

Or you can try to sort it out here. That costs you nothing.

You just have to provide a clear and understandable description of what the problem is and where things go wrong.

First, of course, read the documentation.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

and feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

You may have done this already, but I can't tell from your message.

Message 5 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What is the actual issue that you're having?
Message 6 of 9
saab4u2
Aspirant

Not all apps stream with this router. They all stream with my older Netgear R6200. Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, Tubi, Roku Channel & NatGeo channel don’t play. Plug the old one back in and they all play.
Message 7 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What are your internet speeds? What are your QoS settings? Have you input the bandwidth that you expect?
Message 8 of 9
plemans
Guru

What firmware are you on? 

What modem/gateway are you connecting it to? 

Is it only wireless that you're having issues with? or does it happened wired as well? 

What speeds do you pay for? 

What speeds do you get hardwired in? 

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7