× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR300 Disconnects every 2 hours

bebo131
Aspirant

XR300 Disconnects every 2 hours

My router XR300 keeps disconnecting/dropping me from any game that needs a constant connection like Call of Duty Modern warfare or Warzone every 2 hours consistently. I don't get dropped from every other application that require a internet connection loses it's ability to connect to the internet.  This includes discord, web pages, streaming show and anything else not in the game.  Has anyone come accross a fix that is actually a viable option.  I hate to think that I bought a router that was this expensive and netgear can't even come up with a firmware update solution. everything in my computer is updated and working 100% 

Model: XR300|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 58

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Nighthawk WiFi Routers. (This is easily done, given Netgear's complicated community structure.)

Many questions apply to different types of device, so you might get responses here, but you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

Nighthawk Pro Gaming Routers - NETGEAR Communities

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

Message 2 of 58
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Does it restore the connection immediately after the drop? Are you using the Geo-Filter? If so disable that, does the issue continue?
Message 3 of 58
bebo131
Aspirant

i dont know how to disable the Geo-Filter i m going to add some pictures this just happened today after 2 hours it kick me out, live stream was running and other online applications as well i contact battle.net and there is no problems with the game in my pc or the servers.The problem is the router that after 2 hours kicks me out of the online gamingi dont know how to disable the Geo-Filter i m going to add some pictures this just happened today after 2 hours it kick me out, live stream was running and other online applications as well i contact battle.net and there is no problems with the game in my pc or the servers.The problem is the router that after 2 hours kicks me out of the online gamingffg.jpg 

Message 4 of 58
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

In your browser, go to 192.168.1.1 or routerlogin.net and login to the DumaOS interface. In here you can go to Geo-filter and select 'Specatator mode' for you PC.

Message 5 of 58
Faiix
Aspirant

i am having exact problem do you managed to fix it ?

i tried:

Upnp on and off 

IPv6 on and 

Qos on and off 

geo- fillter on and off 

still getting disconncted 

Message 6 of 58
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Faiix What is your NAT type? Are you playing over WiFi or ethernet?
Message 7 of 58
Faiix
Aspirant

with Upnp is open NAT type 

without Upnp is Modrate 

playing over ethernet. 

and i tried factory reset as well what else i can do kindly advice.

Message 8 of 58
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If you connect directly to your modem do you have the same issue?
Message 9 of 58
Faiix
Aspirant

never tried to connect direct to the modem but i had R7000 before xr300 i didnt had this issue and i tried normal TP link router also didnt faced this issue.

its almost exactly every 2hours getting DC 1:58am and second time it was at 3:02am and nothing was logged in Logs. 

Message 10 of 58
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Can you provide the logs just in case please?
Message 11 of 58
Faiix
Aspirant

[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.5)] to MAC address 00:88:65:36:03:10, Friday, Mar 19,2021 04:46:17

[Admin login] from source 192.168.1.70, Friday, Mar 19,2021 01:58:43

[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.5)] to MAC address 00:88:65:36:03:10, Friday, Mar 19,2021 00:31:51
[DHCP IP: (192.168.1.4)] to MAC address 6C:29:95:5A:15:77, Thursday, Mar 18,2021 23:54:15

01:58 i got dc from the game straight away i logged in to the router to check the logs but nothing was registred on says admin login 

Message 12 of 58
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

There is nothing there so indicates nothing really on the router side that is causing it or that it is detecting. Are you playing on PC as well?
Message 13 of 58
Frskie
Aspirant

I have had the same disconnecting problems on Warzone aswell my router seems to discounect me from the blizzard servers or just cod servers every 2 hours or so I have been trying to find a fix for this for months.

Message 14 of 58
Faiix
Aspirant

i have done everthing posible with this router but still getting disconnected. i will end up getting rid of it. 

Message 15 of 58
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If you disable your Windows Firewall briefly, does that resolve the issue?
Message 16 of 58
Frskie
Aspirant

I disabled my windows firewall on all the apps I would be running like blizzard launcher or Warzone or me even Cold War it happens on those games, but still happens. Are you suggesting just disable my firewall all together?
Message 17 of 58
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Frskie yes, I wouldn't usually but a user with a similar problem disabled the entire firewall and then it worked fine, obviously not a great solution but if it works then something further to look into.
Message 18 of 58
Frskie
Aspirant

I will try it, not going to lie I know its not the routers fault really probably more of blizzard/cod servers and the way it connects because this is the only game it does it on but would love a fix soon. I don't really want to have to buy another router I truely enjoy this one.

Message 19 of 58
Frskie
Aspirant

also I have a domain, private, and public firewall should I turn all of them off or just the network one?

Message 20 of 58
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Type Windows Defender Firewall into the Windows search bar, then click that, on the left click Turn firewall on or off, disable both then try
Message 21 of 58
Frskie
Aspirant

tested it out today and has still happened 3 times already. 

Message 22 of 58
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Do you get any sort of error when you get the disconnection?
Message 23 of 58
Frskie
Aspirant

yea I either just get it say I disconected from the Warzone servers or I get the same code the other guy sent a picture of before in this thread.

Message 24 of 58
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I've found some suggestions on how to resolve the error, please see if any of these work: https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/solved-error-blzbntbgs000003f8-in-black-ops-cold-war/
Message 25 of 58
Discussion stats
  • 57 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 11 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7