× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR300 Nat Loopback?

XR300 Nat Loopback?

Hey guys. Recently my R7000 died and I wanted to get a new router with more performance for gaming and stuff. I need nat loopback and I don't see anything about nat loopback online for the XR300. I have gotten used to nat loopback and use it for a few services.

Model: XR300|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

No there isn't a way to do this at the moment. What are you use cases may I ask? If it's helpful then it's something we could advocate for but I don't believe most gamers would use a feature like this and that is who the router is aimed at.
Message 2 of 5

Sure. I run a few game servers for me and my friends. I usually code applications to use a public address so that I can test for a final product, aswell as pterodactyl panel. Some people who play games have their own servers for their friends and it is a lot easier to test and play without setting up any speical host file stuff. Some games themselves actually like nat loopback and so do some other applications. 

Message 3 of 5
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Well i'll add it to our list of suggestions. I think it would be a cool feature to have although it might be somewhat niche. I can see it being useful for older or more niche titles though, also multiplayer emulation.

Message 4 of 5

Sounds good, can't wait to try DumaOS on the XR300 when I get the money 🙂

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7