× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR300 Not Reaching ISP speeds

virtuous
Aspirant

XR300 Not Reaching ISP speeds

Hey all, I've recently purchased the Nighthawk XR300, and have recently started using it but I've noticed that the speeds aren't reaching my expected ISP speeds, 1000mbps. I read on the website specifications that the router can support up to 1.7GBPS, and even more on wired. But how am I only getting 175MBPS on my Note 10+ and even less than that at 58MBPS on my Macbook Air?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Model: XR300|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 7
microchip8
Master

Message 2 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Have you entered your expected speeds into bandwidth settings? What are your QoS settings? What is your exact physical setup?
Message 3 of 7
virtuous
Aspirant

I'm not sure what you mean by physical setup, but I'll tell you what I know. I have a 1000MBPS NBN Fibre plan, router is plugged directly into the wall's nbn port from the WAN port. I access my internet through wifi on my devices, no ethernet. QoS settings are disabled, and I'm not sure how to access the bandwidth settings. 

Model: XR300|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 4 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Do you have a modem/router provided by NBN? In the Congestion Control 3 line option menu you can enter your speeds that you expect, have you done this?
Message 5 of 7
virtuous
Aspirant

Congestion Line 3..? I'm sorry, I don't know where to find this.

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
Do you have a modem/router provided by NBN? In the Congestion Control 3 line option menu you can enter your speeds that you expect, have you done this?

Message 6 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

On the QoS Page, on the Congestion Control panel, in the top left hand corner of that panel is a 3 horizontal line symbol which symbolized a menu/settings for that individual panel, click that.
Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7