× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR300 + QoS + Media Streaming on Samsung SmartTV

Jamie2002uk
Aspirant

XR300 + QoS + Media Streaming on Samsung SmartTV

Good evening all

I have just purchased a XR300 with the latest firmware on and set everything up without a problem, just got PS5 and thought I'd get a gaming router aswell. Also have 3 boys that use netflix, YouTube, Disney+ etc so thought QoS was perfect. All works well except my smart TV in the lounge, its a Samsung QE65Q9FNA and all apps work fine except ITV Hub. It will no play anything unless I switch off QoS, the moment I switch off QoS it will start playing.

I've tried adding the TV as high priority and adding all ports but nothing.

On a side note will DumaOS 3.0 be available for the XR300 and if so any time frame on this?

Thanks in advance
Model: XR300|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 18

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR300 + QoS + Media Streaming on Samsung SmartTV

Thanks for the update, I don't think there is anything else I can suggest at the moment unfortunately. It would be best to see whether it works on the beta, then if it doesn't we can take a look as we'll be actively developing for that version so I'd suggest disabling QoS fully for the moment.

You won't be notified but keep checking here to see when it becomes available: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/bd-p/en-home-beta-npg-duma

View solution in original post

Message 16 of 18

All Replies
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Hey Jamie, we're glad you're enjoying the XR300 thus far!

That is quite the specific bug you've found there... 

Do you have Share excess bandwidth enabled? It may be that the traffic generated by ITV hub is categorised incorrectly and is not being given any bandwidth.

Would you mind sharing a screenshot of your QoS configuration?

DumaOS 3.0 will be coming to the XR300, but unfortunately I don't have a timeframe for when this may be, just know that we're working on it!

Message 2 of 18
Jamie2002uk
Aspirant

Good afternoon

I'm glad DumaOS 3.0 is coming to the XR300 and really do like the work you've done for us gamers. Best router I've had running some amazing amazing software. I've been looking at the R2 and maybe after Christmas I might treat myself.

I will upload a screenshot of my QoS configuration when I get home as I can't seem to get anywhere access working at the moment but no that bothered about that.

I do have share excess bandwidth enabled though

Thanks for the quick reply also 👍
Message 3 of 18
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Hey,

Thanks for you feedback, we're glad you're enjoying DumaOS, it's just going to keep getting better and better!

I'll wait to see your config and we'll go from there!

Message 4 of 18
Jamie2002uk
Aspirant

Good Afternoon

I have attached a screenshot of my QoS config and i do have Share excess bandwidth enabled. 

On my Galaxy S10 the ITV hub will work and stream stuff but it does just seem to be the TV that doesnt want to. I have tried prioritising the TV with upload/download and enabling all ports to the TV

If their is anything else you would like me to try or detailed event log anywhere jsut let me know. I know my old router had DD-WRT running on it with a hidden event log URL but im new to DumaOS.

Thanks again and hope all the DumaOS team have a great christmas

Message 5 of 18
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thank you for the information. In Settings > WAN could you change NAT to open please and see if that helps at all?
Message 6 of 18
Jamie2002uk
Aspirant

Evening

I had already changed this from secured to open. And I've left it on open, just test with QoS enabled and not working
Message 7 of 18
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Can you remove the Traffic Prio rule completely please and see if it still occurs please?
Message 8 of 18
Jamie2002uk
Aspirant

Do you mean the rule I put in manually for the TV?
Message 9 of 18
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yes exactly and make sure nothing else is added there and classified games stays disabled.
Message 10 of 18
Jamie2002uk
Aspirant

Just tested that and still no joy unfortunately
Message 11 of 18
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Very odd, thanks for letting us know. QoS must be dropping packets then but I'm surprised Traffic Prio with all ports wouldn't work in that scenario. This shouldn't make a difference but if you give the TV the device type of a PC in Device Manager and try with and without the Prio rule is there any difference?
Message 12 of 18
Jamie2002uk
Aspirant

So I just tried that and loaded up itv hub and the first random episode I tried to play worked so I backed out tried something else and it stopped working 🤔 that was set to computer, I tried playstation, xbox, phone (as itv hub does work on mine and my partners phone) laptop but no joy. Just weird how the first time it started working?? I'm a little puzzled by that now.

Message 13 of 18
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Little puzzled as well! Okay try this please, unplug the TV from the router. Reboot the router, then when it is back up delete the TV from the Device Manager, reconnect the TV and give it the PC device type. Then load it up and try an episode. If it works then don't change anything else.
Message 14 of 18
Jamie2002uk
Aspirant

Afternoon

I tried this but with no joy, I deleted the device and it actually come back as "Computer" so didn't need to change it but still ITV player still doesn't work. It does seem to be limiting tge traffic because with QoS switched on the channel icons take a little while to load up but when QoS is switched off they are instant I actually didn't know they was pulled from the Internet.

Just a side note, will I get notified when DumaOS 3.0 is available for my router?

Thanks
Message 15 of 18
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thanks for the update, I don't think there is anything else I can suggest at the moment unfortunately. It would be best to see whether it works on the beta, then if it doesn't we can take a look as we'll be actively developing for that version so I'd suggest disabling QoS fully for the moment.

You won't be notified but keep checking here to see when it becomes available: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/bd-p/en-home-beta-npg-duma
Message 16 of 18
Jamie2002uk
Aspirant

Thank you for the help anyway and I will keep checking the link.

Have a happy new year to the DumaOS Team, hopefully next year will be a better one

Thanks again

Jay
Message 17 of 18
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You're very welcome and thank you, Happy New Year to you too Jay!
Message 18 of 18
Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7