× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR300 Self Rebooting

SinfulWraith
Tutor

XR300 Self Rebooting

Hello everyone I've come to the posts due to phone support couldnt fix the issue so far and a newab unit from RMA was was over nighted for $30+. Due to working from home and needed the issue fixed. seemed the new device didnt fix said issue. 

Steps taken:

RMA receiving replacement,
Factory reset,
Firmware down-grade,
WPS PIn disabled,
Different UPS
ISP called and relined my house from the pole just waiting for them to bary the new line but all is new from (Spectrum) EXP. Cable line from box new line in home and new spectrum modlem.

I'm running out of options far as i know and this is the first Netgear Product and only had it for 4 months now (4 days with the RMA UNIT) still no fix. 

Any help would be great just not trying to waste $200+ and havnt had it for a full 4 months.

Model: XR300|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 9
plemans
Guru

Re: XR300 Self Rebooting

Does it reboot when its not connected to the modem? 

Is it random or when you perform a certain action? What I mean does visiting a certain website cause it to reboot? 

How do you know its rebooting? 

Have you tried a different outlet? I've had a loose wire in a outlet cause random reboots. 

Message 2 of 9
SinfulWraith
Tutor

I haven't checked with it not connected to the modem. The way I know it is disconnecting is everything lan and wireless gets disconnected. Lights on xr300 go off and back on as if the reboot was pressed as in Duma OS. My security system tells me when and when not there's internet connected.
Message 3 of 9
plemans
Guru

Did you try a different outlet? 

Did you replace the power supply at the same time? Or just the router portion of the device when they rma'd it. 

Message 4 of 9
SinfulWraith
Tutor

I changed out the power supply for the nighthawk along with the outlet and brand new surge protector.
Message 5 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

When it next happens watch to see if the power light actually goes off and comes back on again as disconnecting all devices will be very different to that.
Message 6 of 9
SinfulWraith
Tutor

Power light dims and internet light goes orange and one of the internet port are still white.
Message 7 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What is the exact model of the modem, is it a pure modem or does it provide WiFi also? Give your devices reserved IPs in LAN Settings and see if that helps please.
Message 8 of 9
mr_taint
Aspirant

I'm in the exact same boat, and have as of yet received the exact same runaround.  What a complete joke.

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7