× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR300, Vigor 130 & Sky Broadband. No internet.

m0ngr3ll
Tutor

XR300, Vigor 130 & Sky Broadband. No internet.

Hello,

I’m going absolutely crazy trying to set up my network and I’m hoping someone has the answers to my problems! I will start by saying Networking is not my strong point.

I’m trying to use a DrayTek Vigor 130 to replace my Sky Q Hub as the modem and connect it via Ethernet (Bridge connection?) to my XR300. From what I can tell the Vigor 130 is setup correctly (But I’m happy to start from scratch following any instructions) as it’s reading transfer rates and giving me a Green “Showtime” status.

The XR300 is set to DCHP mode but cannot obtain an IP Address, any attempt to use the setup wizard at best results in, “no internet detected, power cycle modem, check Ethernet connection” both of which I have done several times.

Can anyone advise me on what to do? I’ve been at this for hours. Thank you!
Model: XR300|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR300, Vigor 130 & Sky Broadband. No internet.

I believe you'll need to select requires a login on the XR internet page, then use these details for username and password. Then apply and reboot just to be sure, do you get a connection then?

User: ee11fb12@skydsl
Pass: 80d677a6b2b78be
Message 2 of 4
m0ngr3ll
Tutor

Still no luck after trying to the login details unfortunately, still showing as 0.0.0.0

I believe as I’m on Sky and using the Vigor 130 I need the connection to be DHCP but I can only choose between PPTP, PPPoE and L2TP on the Internet setup page. Just to make sure I haven’t made a mistake, the Ethernet from the Vigor 130 should be plugged into the yellow WAN port of the XR300, right?
Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

In Internet Setup just say you don't need a login and it will go back to using DHCP. Yes that's right. This video from one of our users with Sky may help https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdcsmYX7eEQ
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7