× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR300 download speed

BlazingA
Aspirant

XR300 download speed

So Lately I've noticed that a while ago, my internet speeds were going slower and slower... Before I upgraded my internet plan to a faster speed, the problem also occured to me that I was having such low download speeds such as 20mb to 100mb. However, I use to be at 400mb and higher with the plan I was using before. the plan was a 100mb upgrade really but I'm not understanding why my internet speed went down. I tried messing around with the netgear DumaOS site and it hasn't really helped much in this situation... Not sure what I need to do to get my internet speed back to normal. Todays test was also the lowest it got which was 15mb download speed and 2mb upload! It's a shame how I went from 400mb+ to basically nothing. Hopefully this would be answered soon. Thanks for the help community. (The speed test shown is my lowest as of this current post.)

Model: XR300|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 13
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR300 download speed

I'd recommend you do a factory reset and go through the setup wizard, that will also do a speed test for your new connection and enter it into the QoS settings. From there you should be able to receive full speeds from a wired PC.
Message 2 of 13
BlazingA
Aspirant

I have done the factory reset but I'm still getting the same low download speeds

Message 3 of 13
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What is your exact physical setup? Do you get higher speeds through 5GHz WiFi?
Message 4 of 13
BlazingA
Aspirant

I'm currently doing this with a weird connection although some are wifi, cat7 ethernet cable but I also have a cat6, and after i did the factory reset, it didn't get better but the same results. Also, I've put the same MAC address from the previous router as well and I wasn't giving me internet but I did set it back to default. I'm lost now
Message 5 of 13
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What is the XR plugged into exactly? Are you using a router/modem? Do you require PPPoE/VLAN etc?
Message 6 of 13
BlazingA
Aspirant

It's plugged into a modem and I did everything else automatically not manually so I haven't messed with it
Message 7 of 13
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What is your modem model? When you notice the speeds decrease look in the device manager table view, are the speeds reported 1000mbps for the ports/wifi connections?
Message 8 of 13
BlazingA
Aspirant

I have a spectrum modem that came with a router. The router before was recieving the same speeds so we changed and the results are the same. The Model is E31U2V1 for the spectrum modem. And where would I be able to access the speed information on the device manager view table? 

Message 9 of 13
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thank you for checking. In the top left of the Device Manager panel is a 3 line icon, click that and you can switch to table view.
Message 10 of 13
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I'm having the same sort of issues, but I'm on a fibre line. I'm paying for 950 down and 500 up, but on the XR300 I'm getting around 50 down and 50 up (both on WiFi and ethernet).The ISP provided router was able to do 200 down and 200 up on WiFi, and 800+ down and 450 up on ethernet (only reason why i changed was because I wanted faster WiFi. Tried all the usual steps, changing MAC address to previous router (with no difference), turning off QoS (with no difference), turning off IPv6 (was already off) doing a factory reset (also with no difference in speed).

My link speed under Ethernet is 1.0 Gbps, same with WiFi. 

The upload speed is also weirdly higher than download.

Model: XR300|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 11 of 13
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Hey EonOfBlack, I believe you made a topic on the Netduma forum, I've already replied there so lets continue there if you don't mind please.
Message 12 of 13
Retired_Member
Not applicable

My apologies, Fraser.
Message 13 of 13
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7