× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR300 firmware v1.0.3.72 issues

namredik
Aspirant

XR300 firmware v1.0.3.72 issues

Hello

I have been having connection issues every single day since I updated my router to firmware 1.0.3.72.

Every time I get connection problems I must reboot it, sometimes twice a day.

The other issue is that sometimes I get my internet speed reduced by a lot. I honestly already gave up trying to fix it, but I always had this problem, even before updating my firmware.

I never had these kind of problems with my crappy Belkin router, I thought this one was better.

anyways, I am thinking maybe going back to a previous firmware. any ideas?

thanks

Message 1 of 6
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Can you explain what the 'connection problems' are exactly? How do they manifest?

Are you able to access the DumaOS interface when they occur? You can do this by going to 192.168.1.1 in your web browser.

Message 2 of 6
namredik
Aspirant

connection problems like internet interruption and followed by wifi connection lost.

This happens on all my devices. It is not the ISP modem. I have checked that the first time it happened.

I have factory restored the router settings by default several times, same with rebooting it.

The configuration in the router is the basic one, no VPN and QOS activated (default option).

Message 3 of 6
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Are you able to access the DumaOS interface when they occur? You can do this by going to 192.168.1.1 in your web browser.

Message 4 of 6
namredik
Aspirant

yes, i can access it. The only weird thing i have noticed is when this happens the site asks me for the user and password several times in a row

Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What web browser/device are you using when you're trying to access the interface?

In LAN Settings, set the DHCP range to start at .50, then assign reserved IP addresses to devices between .2 & .49 so they're out of the DHCP range, apply, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes and see if that stops the disconnects.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7