× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR300 losing 50% of speed when bridging

weedminer
Aspirant

XR300 losing 50% of speed when bridging

Hello,

When I use the following option to get my IPTV working, the IPTV works perfectly, but the internet speeds are 40-50% worse.

bridging.jpg

If I untick Enable VLAN Bridge Setup, it goes back to normal speeds. This happens even if there isn't any cable connected to Port 4 and the IPTV set box definitely doesn't take 50 mbps (my normal speeds are 100/100). It takes normally around 8-10.

Turning QoS on/off doesn't make any difference.

Regards,

Boris

Model: XR300|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR300 losing 50% of speed when bridging

Check with Geo disabled and see if you have any connection issues - namely the ability to connect to players.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 10

All Replies
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Sorry to hear you're having these troubles!

So are you losing bandwidth over both wired and wireless?

Have you disabled anything else in DumaOS such as Geo-filter etc to make sure it's not a Rapp affecting things?

Message 2 of 10
weedminer
Aspirant

Both wired and wireless, it's the same.

I have removed Geo-filter, QoS, enabled disabled settings like UPNP, port scan and dos protection, nat-filtering, igmp proxying.

Nothing helped.
I also tried 3 different OS firmware versions and factory reset the router at least 3 times already.

Model: XR300|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 3 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Hey @weedminer I remember we've discussed this on the Netduma forum, I doubt any NG staff will comment here but hopefully some other users may help, is your workaround still working?
Message 4 of 10
weedminer
Aspirant

Hey @Netduma-Fraser ,

It doesn't because it introduces a NAT type issue, from having the switch before everything.

I only posted here because I wanted Netgear staff involved.

Does it seem like this won't be solved, I am confused? I need to somehow make this work.

Message 5 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What NAT issue does it cause? NG staff don't comment here unfortunately, may be best if you create a ticket with NG and they may have some suggestions. http://support.netgear.com/
Message 6 of 10
weedminer
Aspirant

I will, thanks!

Reminder - I put the internet cable in switch's port1, from 2 I put a cable in XR300 WAN and from 3 I put a cable in my IPTV box.

My PS4 is connected to XR300. When I test the connection on PS4, it says I can experience NAT issues and I am having issues connecting to the EA servers within FIFA 21.

Any ideas, Fraser 🙂 ?

Message 7 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Does it give you a NAT type? The FIFA connection could be that you're blocking servers on the Geo-Filter so you may need to widen that.
Message 8 of 10
weedminer
Aspirant

I will completely disable Geo-filter by removing the console from there and I think it was type 2, but still it said I can have issues. Which is strange, it doesn't normally say this with type 2.

Message 9 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Check with Geo disabled and see if you have any connection issues - namely the ability to connect to players.
Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7