× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR450 Intenet problem

XxMitakxX
Follower

XR450 Intenet problem

I just got a new XR450 Gaming Router and I connected it to the internet at my home via cabel. I can connect to it via wifi or ethernet but the devices don't have internet (Connected - No Internet). The Internet LED is blinking red but nothing I found has info on what that means.
Please help, I'm trying to setup the Router.

Message 1 of 4
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR450 Intenet problem

Thanks for buying an XR450!

So first let's just make sure it's all connected correctly. The XR450 isn't a modem, so with most internet connections you will require a modem. Your ISP should have provided a modem (a box that sits between your router and the wall).

The other thing we need to know is wether your connection requires a login or not. This isn't common for fibre connections but it's possible.

If you let me know what your Internet Service Provider is, I might be able to look up some details to help you out.

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Be sure to power OFF the ISP modem for 30 seconds, then power it back ON. 

FYI if you have a Modem Combo Unit:

This would be a double NAT condition which isn't recommended. https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
https://kb.netgear.com/30187/How-to-fix-issues-with-Double-NAT
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge or modem only mode. Then use the NG router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the NG router gets from the modem.

@XxMitakxX wrote:

I just got a new XR450 Gaming Router and I connected it to the internet at my home via cabel. I can connect to it via wifi or ethernet but the devices don't have internet (Connected - No Internet). The Internet LED is blinking red but nothing I found has info on what that means.
Please help, I'm trying to setup the Router.

Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Just a quick check, have you tried to access the interface to go through the setup wizard? If not you will not get internet until you do this.
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7