× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR450 Nighthawk wifi router

MLask
Aspirant

XR450 Nighthawk wifi router

XR450 Nighthawk wifi router need help connecting to Comcast modem. Modem connects well directly to decktop computer but not when ethernet goes first to previously setup router

Message 1 of 8
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Have you got your router set to use DHCP in Internet Setup?

It might be a good idea to connect your modem to your router, and then do a factory reset. This will run through the setup procedure again and hopefully detect your internet connection correctly.

Message 2 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Be sure to power OFF both ISP modem and XR router for 30 seconds. Then power ON the ISP modem first and let it sync. Then power ON the XR router. It should connect or walk thru the setup wizard after doing a factory reset and setup from scratch. 

@MLask wrote:

XR450 Nighthawk wifi router need help connecting to Comcast modem. Modem connects well directly to decktop computer but not when ethernet goes first to previously setup router

Message 3 of 8
MLask
Aspirant

Comcast and IE10
Modem = Arris TM722G

Message 4 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Have you tried the suggestions mentioned so far as they should resolve your issue.
Message 5 of 8
MLask
Aspirant

unable to try, after reset button pushed had no internet access

I have an old computer with only one ethernet connection, and a modem with only one ethernet output

once signal at modem if I plug eithernet from modem to computer Comcast internet works fine,

but if goes from modem to router and then by ethernet back to computer, nothing works and no wifi in house

I do have an apple IPHONE 7 and it has a hotspot

is there a way to reset modem by phone?

Message 6 of 8
MLask
Aspirant

unable to try, after reset button pushed had no internet access
I have an old computer with only one ethernet connection, and a modem with only one ethernet output once signal at modem if I plug eithernet from modem to computer Comcast internet works fine, but if goes from modem to router and then by ethernet back to computer, nothing works and no wifi in house

I do have an apple IPHONE 7 and it has a hotspot
is there a way to reset modem by phone?

Message 7 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If it is a true modem then you wouldn't be able to factory reset it from a phone as it wouldn't have WiFi. Do you know if you require PPPoE at all?
Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7