× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR450

Noahh
Guide

XR450

So I got my XR450 about a week ago and my WiFi or lan has never been good but for some reason I’m getting extremely slow speeds while updating/downloading something on my pc. Yes I’m using Powerline adapter and I’m not sure if that’s the reason or if it’s something with my router
Message 1 of 7
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR450

How is your XR450 connected to the internet? Are you using a modem or an upstream router?

Also, what are your QoS settings currently?

Message 2 of 7
Noahh
Guide

I am using wired and 50 percent is going to my pc and I’m still 60 ping in game and when I do a speed test its saying it’s good but when I’m downloading something I’m getting less than a megabyte
Message 3 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

First thing to check would be to do a test on the powerline adapter and then one directly to the router to see if the adapter is causing any slowdowns. Secondly, have you put your expected speeds in the bandwidth settings in the Anti-Bufferbloat options? Then use 70/70 for Anti-Bufferbloat, are you also using the Geo-Filter to get close servers?
Message 4 of 7
Noahh
Guide

Alright I will and yes I am using geo filter.
Message 5 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Could you also provide a screenshot of the Geo-Filter page when you're in a game if you're still having issues after the above suggestions?
Message 6 of 7
Noahh
Guide

Ok i will do that when Im back at the same house as my pc
Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7