× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 After Hard Reset Cannot Access Rules In Traffic Controller

Spandex
Tutor

XR500 After Hard Reset Cannot Access Rules In Traffic Controller

On the right hand side on traffic analytics all the settings still show even though on the left there is nothing because the xr500 has been factory reset and there should be nothing there, so i tried to add a new rule and then added devices to this rule and set the times and clicked ok but in the rules section nothing shows up so i cannot disable or enable something that is not there but in the analytics section it shows up, only way to then stop that rule is to disable all rules but this is absolutely useless as i need to alter the times, i searched this up on the internet and the same problem exactly the same cropped up in august last year with the customer being asked if they had deleted a device off of the router that can cause this, now that question is absurd, when you factory reset all devices are deleted off of it, basically it seems like the way this firmware was written is flawed and once you hard reset or factory reset this function is then broken forever, would be really nice if someone from netgear could give a heads up on when this will be fixed as it is now useless for stopping my kids devices at certain times.

Message 1 of 6
Spandex
Tutor

Update to this i have even tried going into the backup settings now and erasing all data which does not erase the data what so ever and in traffic analytics all previous traffic rules are still there which i now cannot change and any new ones i enter do not show up in traffic rules so i cannot change them once they are made, they do however go straight into the analytics box, this is so frustrating and at this point i am thinking that the programming on these things is just utter garbage.

Message 2 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Could you make an account on forum.netduma.com and then let me know your username? Then I can add you to the beta so you can see if it's still an issue on that firmware.
Message 3 of 6
Spandex
Tutor

Sure, if you get what i mean the traffic controller section that was added is fantastic and was so useful but it seems to me that when it was done someone forgot to test it after the router had been factory reset, like i said i found another thread by a woman with exactly this problem as well, it is rare that someone would need to factory reset and i think this is why this problem cropped up and was not tested properly.

Message 4 of 6
Spandex
Tutor

Same user name by the way, all done my current firmware is this by the way XR500 V2.3.2.134

Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You're absolutely right it should be wiped so definitely a bug. I've given you access now, if you're still having the issue please make a topic in the beta section there.
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7