× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 Allow/Deny

HunterHarden
Tutor

XR500 Allow/Deny

I recently bought an XR500 and I’ve got some questions about the GeoFilter with Allow/Deny.

Pretty much my situation is i want to connect with a friend in Indiana but I’m in Washington and I don’t want to set geofilter that large.
I understand the concept of allow deny on the router but I don’t know how to get him to show up on the map? Also if I wanted to set the main point away from where I am is there a way for my friends when they’re over to connect? (Can I allowlist people who are right around me?) Thanks! 🙂
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 5
HunterHarden
Tutor

Also!! Can someone please explain strict mode on geofilter settings?? :?
Message 2 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

This will explain how to use allow/deny to add a friend: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000089132-how-to-use-allow-and-deny-on-du...

Strict mode ensure servers are within your radius, with it off it would allow servers outside the radius. It was primarily introduced for Destiny so unless you're playing that I would recommend you keep it enabled.
Message 3 of 5
HunterHarden
Tutor

I’m actually playing Destiny 2! If I set the geofilter radius and turn off strict mode, will I be connected to people outside the radius through those servers?
Message 4 of 5
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay in that case do disable strict mode. You may notice some servers being allowed outside your radius, this is necessary for you to sustain a connection while in game. You might get connected to players outside the radius if they're connecting through the server but as you should be closer to the server you'll have the advantage.
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7