× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 + CGM4140COM from Xfinity - Disconnects internet every 5-10 minutes then comes back.

trvshady
Follower

XR500 + CGM4140COM from Xfinity - Disconnects internet every 5-10 minutes then comes back.

My firmware is up to date and both the XR500 router and the Xfinity modem are brand new. Not sure why but the internet will cut out every 5-10 minutes although the internet light stays on on the router. It will eventually come back on by itself. Both my PC (Wired) and iPhones (WiFi) lose connection.

I have unplugged and restarted both the modem and router multiple times.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: XR500 + CGM4140COM from Xfinity - Disconnects internet every 5-10 minutes then comes back.

that modem is a modem/router combo device. 

Have you put the netgear's IP address into the modem/router's DMZ

Message 2 of 3
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

In LAN Settings set the DHCP range to start at .50, then assign reserved IP addresses to devices between .2 & .49 so they're out of the DHCP range, apply, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes and see if that stops the disconnects.
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7