× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 Connection Benchmark Issue

RMSands
Guide

XR500 Connection Benchmark Issue

DumaOS Version 2.3.2.130. Connection Benchmark works and displays when scheduled. When clicking "Run Test", circle spins for about 8 seconds. Nothing displayed in any of the three graphs and nothing appears in test history.

Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I wouldn't suggest connecting to the interface using HTTPS as you may encounter errors and issues. The interface is local so it's secure.

Go to the QoS page, click the menu on the Congestion Control panel and change your speeds there.

We use https://speed.measurementlab.net/#/ for the speedtest and it seems quite a lot of people don't get full speeds to it. If you get expected speeds through speedtest.net then the router won't be limiting you

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 12

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What browser are you using? 
Happens with other browsers as well?

Be sure to clear out all browser caches before entering the routers web page and try again. 

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch change any behaviors? 

Had this been working before? 

You behind one FW version FYI. 

Message 2 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What is the model of the modem the XR is connected to? Do you have the XR in the DMZ of your ISP modem or have the modem set to bridge mode?
Message 3 of 12
RMSands
Guide

Firefox 108.0.2 (latest version)

Edge and Chrome cannot connect when using HTTPS. They both connect and work when using HTTP.

In trying the other browsers, I discovered that Firefox works when connecting via HTTP but fails when connecting via HTTPS.

Message 4 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok. Seen FF have some issues here and there. I mostly use Edge here on my XR routers. Opera GX next then maybe Chrome as last resort. 

Message 5 of 12
RMSands
Guide

ISP is fiber optic to Calix 725GX ONT on the outside of the house then Cat 6 direct to XR500.

Message 6 of 12
RMSands
Guide

Can you use HTTPS and still have the Connection Benchmark Test run manually?

Message 7 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Will check today after work.

Message 8 of 12
RMSands
Guide

XR500 with firmware V2.3.2.134 and DumsOS 3.0.202.

In Connection Benchmark, the tooltips for the speed test are set to 100 Mbps & 50 Mbps. How do I change these? I have 1 Gbps service and it appears to rate the Speed Test against 100 Mbps.

My Download appears to top out at around 400 Mbps. Is that a system limit?

Where does the test go to? Speedtest.net shows local locations but DumaOS does not - is it a single location worldwide?

Message 9 of 12
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I wouldn't suggest connecting to the interface using HTTPS as you may encounter errors and issues. The interface is local so it's secure.

Go to the QoS page, click the menu on the Congestion Control panel and change your speeds there.

We use https://speed.measurementlab.net/#/ for the speedtest and it seems quite a lot of people don't get full speeds to it. If you get expected speeds through speedtest.net then the router won't be limiting you

Message 10 of 12
RMSands
Guide

Thanks for your help.

Message 11 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

@Netduma-Fraser Can confirm that HTTPS and selecting the RUN button while on th Connection Benchmark window does NOTHING. 😑 HTTP works though. 😉

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:

Message 12 of 12
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7