× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 DEVICE NOT FOUND

Dropbottom
Tutor

XR500 DEVICE NOT FOUND

XR500 130 firmware 

QOS No Device Found.  I have tried everything mentioned on this website.  Please provide an official go-by fix to address this issue.  

Message 1 of 65
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 DEVICE NOT FOUND

Downgrade to the .114 firmware, do a factory reset, then upgrade to .130 and don't do a factory reset, it should work after that.
Message 2 of 65
Mike40
Apprentice

Do you have a link for the .114 firmware?

I upgraded my internet so I factory reset (it never will use the new speed if I don't) but then I got the device not found error.  My PS5 lagged worse than before I bought the XR500 a year ago (8/20) since I can't use the QOS.   When I did the factory reset it updated the firmware to .130 and I got the error so I went back to .120 and reset everything again and still the same error.  You would think for a $300 product you wouldn't have issues like this but now I'm stuck with it.  I'm really wishing I took it back after the first one didn't work and just got my money back.

Also after factory resetting everything twice, my QOS settings never changed.  The congestion slider and the allocation have stayed the same but devices, Geo-Filter, etc all reset.

I use Chrome to access DumaOS and I have cleared everything and still same error.

Since I'm stuck with this router now, can you please assist?

Thanks 🙂

Message 3 of 65
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

The link for the 114 firmware: https://kb.netgear.com/000062867/XR500-Firmware-Version-2-3-2-114

Once you've downgraded and upgraded again, let us know if you're still having issues and we'd be happy to assist further.

Message 4 of 65
Mike40
Apprentice

That worked to get rid of the pop-up error.  When I get off work, I will put all my devices back on and let you know if I have anymore issues.

Thanks for your help.

Message 5 of 65
Mike40
Apprentice

Everything is back up and running again and no error.  Thank you 🙂

I do still have a few other issues.

I only play COD: Vanguard on PS5.  My game was running fine until about a week ago and now there is like a second delay in 9/10 matches.  I have Geo-Filter set to 320 miles and there are two dedicated servers in there.  I have also tried the Polygon Mode with just the two servers.  I have tried without Geo-Filter and it's even worse.  I have the PS5 in Lan Setup.  I have tried Congestion Control from 69-90% and I have tried gaming bandwidth from 30-90 up/down and nothing has helped.

Also if I don't reboot the router before I play I wait 5+ minutes to find a match but if I reboot before I turn on the PS5 and I have no issues other than the lag.

If you need anything else to help me please let me know.

Message 6 of 65
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

What's the average ping you're seing in-game vs. what you see on the Geo-filter map?

If you expand your radius and try some slightly higher ping servers, do you still have the same issue in the majority of the games?

Message 7 of 65
Mike40
Apprentice

In-game ping is usually 23-35 but the Geo-Filter never has a ping with the dedicated servers.  I know it's been an issue for like a year.  I remember reading about it but can't remember what was said about it.

If I go past the 320 then ping is 50-100 and then I really start to rubber band.

I know the ping is low and I SHOULDN'T have lag but there is.  Some examples are: people come around corners but I'm already getting shot or I'm using a throwing knife and it goes "through" the person because of the lag.

It was so bad in Cold War that I couldn't even play so I just played zombies.

I'm willing to try anything so that I have no lag or rubberbanding.

Message 8 of 65
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I don't recall the ping not appearing maybe a few times but should only be for a few servers every so often, not a consistent thing, can you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing on the ping panel?

What settings are you using for Traffic Prioritization?
Message 9 of 65
Mike40
Apprentice

I won't be able to provide a SS right now because I'm at work but I can send that tonight when I get off work.

For Traffic Prioritization, I have the DumaOS Classified Games on and the PS5 under gaming/voice(WAN).  I have tried turning them off and I removed the PS5 from there too but no change.

Message 10 of 65
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

How is the PS connected to the router via ethernet or WiFi? If ethernet you can add it using Normal (WAN) if WiFi you can use Gaming/Voice (WAN) it does make a difference which one you use
Message 11 of 65
Mike40
Apprentice

I changed it over to Normal (default) (Wan) since it is connected through ethernet.  I will let you know later how it works as I'm still working.

Thanks again for the assistance.

Message 12 of 65
Mike40
Apprentice

The lag isn't as bad but it is still there after the setting you told me to change.

Here is what Auto Ping shows when I am on a dedicated server.  If I am on a peer host Auto Ping is there again though.

It wouldn't let me up the pic so I just attached the file.

Message 13 of 65
Mike40
Apprentice

Here is what it looks like when the host is a peer.

Message 14 of 65
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Do you get the same issue if you disable auto-ping host and then manually select the server?

Did you try expanding your radius and playing on a few different servers? Did that help at all?

Message 15 of 65
Mike40
Apprentice

I will try to disable it tonight and let you know.  I know I did that a while ago but I honestly don't remember if it changed anything.

If I expand my radius and play on servers/peers that aren't the two by Chicago the ping is way worse along with rubberbanding and it being "glitchy".  It is unplayable if the host isn't close.

Message 16 of 65
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Use Ping Heatmap see if there are any more around you with a bit higher ping, up to 60ms is good to play on, some say a slightly higher ping puts you on the right side of lag compensation
Message 17 of 65
Mike40
Apprentice

I have tried that in the past but anything over a 30 ping is basically like having dial up internet.  People I think I'm shooting at aren't even there or I have a full clip in me before I even see a person.

Message 18 of 65
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That's pretty odd, you could try severely throttling your speeds, quite a few people try that
Message 19 of 65
Mike40
Apprentice

I have 1K down and 50 up and set the Congestion Control to 1K up and 1K down with both sliders at 69%.

I also have Gaming set to 40% for both up and down in Bandwidth Allocation.

What would you suggest so that I can try it when I get off work?

Message 20 of 65
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You can reset Bandwidth Allocation, gaming barely uses any bandwidth usually less than 1Mbps and certainly won't use 400. Set download and upload to 1Mbps worth on Congestion Control and see how you get on.

Message 21 of 65
Mike40
Apprentice

What should I set the slider percentage to in Congestion Control?

Message 22 of 65
Mike40
Apprentice

I left the reallocation as default then I changed up/down to 1 and did 60, 70, 80, 90, 100% and same thing.

I took off Auto-Ping and it showed the ping for the dedicated server for about 30-40 minutes then it stopped doing it again.

I connected to a server in Ohio and the ping was bouncing from 105 - 175 so the game was basically unplayable.

I went back to the Polygon and noticed there is a dedicated server basically in Lake Michigan (not a server when I use ping heat).  I have attached a screenshot of what I'm talking about.

I'm going to try to block it and see if it helps anything.  I will update later tonight.

Message 23 of 65
Mike40
Apprentice

I blocked the server last night and it helped with the rubberbanding but there is still about a second delay.

If you have any other suggestions I will try them when I get off work.

Thanks again for all your help.

Message 24 of 65
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Don't change your bandwidth speeds, just change the percentages to give you 1Mbps worth of download/upload (you can see what speed the percentage will give you on the right). The way you did it likely throttled it too much. If it's not the game server (which is isn't in that screenshot) then its either needed for authentication or isn't important.
Message 25 of 65
Discussion stats
  • 64 replies
  • 9 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7