× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 DHCP issue

Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I haven't heard back about the issue after providing the beta firmware so thats a good sign
Message 26 of 208
soberwulf
Tutor

Thanks for the update. I am going to get a new XR500 this evening and would like to try the beta firmware can you advise how I can get it please?
Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 27 of 208
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I've sent you a PM 🙂
Message 28 of 208
COBRA00000
Aspirant

When is the new firmware coming out I would like to put everything back to auto update and take off power saving etc Thanks
Message 29 of 208
FURRYe38
Guru

NG doesn't post when FW is coming out. You'll have to keep an eye on the support download site and here in the fourms. 

@COBRA00000 wrote:
When is the new firmware coming out I would like to put everything back to auto update and take off power saving etc Thanks

Message 30 of 208
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Having the exact same issue; massive lag spikes on Xbox and keep losing connection. I think the issue is with IP lease from the DHCP. In CMD when I IP/release then IP/renew it fails to get another IP from DCHP and I have to reset my router; works after that.

Unfortunately there doesn't look like there's a way to set lease duration in the router settings. I will try to disable auto-updates and always-on on my Xbox and see if the issue is resolved and post back here.

Message 31 of 208
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Keep us updated, also set static/reserved IPs in LAN Setup
Message 32 of 208
Rick6922
Luminary

im having the same problem on the xr700

Model: XR700| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 33 of 208
Katgomeow
Aspirant

Im having the same issue, set static ips and still keeps happening, is there anyway to get acess to the beta firmware to see if that solves the issue?

Message 34 of 208
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a manual FW load. You might revert back to intial shipping FW to see if the problem is seen there. Factory reset after manually loading FW and setup from scratch. 

Set the Default DHCP IP address pool from 192.168.1.1/.254 to 192.168.1.100 to .200.

Try this. Ensure that your using reserved IP addresses for chosen devices ON the router. Ensure that when using Static IP address ON devices that these IP addresses are outside of the default DHCP IP address pool set on the router. 

Message 35 of 208
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

As above, have you tried the most recent firmware? Also are the devices in instant on/standby modes?
Message 36 of 208
Rick6922
Luminary

ive done all that. its a fw issue 

Message 37 of 208
Rick6922
Luminary

usless you no something about the new FW that  the netgear tec people dont, please let me no and Netgears tec people no too. according to NG its a FW issue. they couldnt get the new FW running right hooking everything up there selfs through team veiwer.they said not to use new FW. it drops the internet four 2 to 5 secs.not good for online gamming , skyping or anything live.

Message 38 of 208
Rick6922
Luminary

sorry, I meant to be on xr700 topic!

Message 39 of 208
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know if this suggestion helps:

Try a manual FW load. You might revert back to intial shipping FW to see if the problem is seen there. Factory reset after manually loading FW and setup from scratch. 

Set the Default DHCP IP address pool from 192.168.1.1/.254 to 192.168.1.100 to .200.

Try this. Ensure that your using reserved IP addresses for chosen devices ON the router. Ensure that when using Static IP address ON devices that these IP addresses are outside of the default DHCP IP address pool set on the router. 

@Katgomeow wrote:

Im having the same issue, set static ips and still keeps happening, is there anyway to get acess to the beta firmware to see if that solves the issue?

Message 40 of 208
COBRA00000
Aspirant

I’m still having this issue is there a fix and yes as before router has newest firmware. I’m to the point I’m looking at new routers
Message 41 of 208
FURRYe38
Guru

@COBRA00000 wrote:
I’m still having this issue is there a fix and yes as before router has newest firmware. I’m to the point I’m looking at new routers

Message 42 of 208
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Cobra, have you used previous firmware that users confirmed they don't see the issue on?
Message 43 of 208
COBRA00000
Aspirant

Not sure which firmware I had as I exchange the router. I do know I had the most up to date firmware. If there is a beta firmware I did ask how I could get it once before. Anyways I tried 3 routers this weekend I just went with Nighthawk x10 everything seems fine just having issue with one game black ops yes I did port triggering etc. Before I get told go to the nighthawk pag, Thanks for your help couldn’t keep resetting router everyday and not being able to connect to my house when I wasn’t home. Guess time will tell with the nighthawk x10 hope it works I’m at a big lost between the 2 routers now lol
Message 44 of 208
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

So you don't have the XR500 anymore? If so sorry to hear that and I hope you'll consider it again in future.
Message 45 of 208
COBRA00000
Aspirant

No I returned the XR500 under protection plan to Best Buy. I bought the Netgear Nighthawk X10. Just can’t play one game right now. All ports open and NAT is open.
Message 46 of 208
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sorry to hear that, hope you consider it again in future
Message 47 of 208
cFonzy
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue.  I just purchased the XR700 and thinking of returning it.   Many of my devices will not connect to WiFi.   Some say failed to obtain IP address.  I've tried everything I can think of with no solution.   Could I please try this BETA firmware? @Netduma-Fraser 

My log is attached file. 

Message 48 of 208
FURRYe38
Guru

Try reverting back ot v20 FW. Other 700 users reported having resolved problems with this prior version of FW. 

Also do a factory reset after downgrading and setup from scratch. 

Also set the DHCP IP address pool to 192.168.1.100 to .200. 

@cFonzy wrote:

I'm having the same issue.  I just purchased the XR700 and thinking of returning it.   Many of my devices will not connect to WiFi.   Some say failed to obtain IP address.  I've tried everything I can think of with no solution.   Could I please try this BETA firmware? @Netduma-Fraser 

My log is attached file. 

Message 49 of 208
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Great suggestions from Furry. I recommend you try all of them.

Also, I assume you haven't set static IP address on these devices? If so, please set them back to dynamic

Message 50 of 208
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7