× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 DHCP issue

GooniesNvrSayDi
Apprentice

I set static IPs for all wired devices since they were showing up in the DHCP requests to my ISP. In addition, I have a S8000 switch that was using DHCP as well and have since diabled it. I will keep you posted.

Message 126 of 208
GooniesNvrSayDi
Apprentice

Same problem. .22 works but everything after doesn't. I was told a beta was coming soon to address this, can you elaborate?

Message 127 of 208
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

We will be making a beta announcement soon for the next update where this should no longer be an issue.
Message 128 of 208
BPowell
Tutor

Is this update going to change the terribly short DHCP lease times?

I get D/C'd every day every 8 hours because of the lease renew issue. No way to change it and if I do a release or renew it creates a temporary 1 hour lease before it renews for the 8 hour lease.

This is on v 2.3.2.56.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 129 of 208
BPowell
Tutor

I have a similar issue (with the newest live firmware). Static LAN IPs outside the DHCP range are still being interrupted when the lease renews.

Message 130 of 208
FURRYe38
Guru

what happens if you downgrade FW versions? 

Firmware Version 2.3.2.40 or
Firmware Version 2.3.2.32

@BPowell wrote:

Is this update going to change the terribly short DHCP lease times?

I get D/C'd every day every 8 hours because of the lease renew issue. No way to change it and if I do a release or renew it creates a temporary 1 hour lease before it renews for the 8 hour lease.

This is on v 2.3.2.56.

Message 131 of 208
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You can now sign up for the beta so I'd suggest doing that so you're more likely to get in it sooner http://www.netgearinnovation.com/dumaos-beta/index.html
Message 132 of 208
GooniesNvrSayDi
Apprentice

Signed up
Message 133 of 208
Synthesi
Aspirant

I have been plagued with this DHCP disconnect issue for what seems like a year now. All of my LAN devices disconnect once a day, every day. It always happens when I am gaming, which results in a massive lag spike/disconnect. I am praying that a fix comes soon. I just want the equipment to work as it should and not have to set static IP's for every device and downgrade to unsecure firmware. I have lost a lot of faith in Netgear as a company because of their slow response to this massive issue affecting many people, on a premium product at that. Signed up for the beta, hopefully it works! I have combed through about 50 different threads and forums and seen all of the trouble that this issue has caused for so many, thanks to all those who have offered support/advice throughout.

Message 134 of 208
Rick6922
Luminary

I'm on my second xr700 and was having the same issue, I couldn't run the router on any  FW except the OG FW it came with. after getting the new xr700 and having the exact same problem I thought there could be something else causing this so I logged into my modem [NG CM1000] and in the logs there was some problems in the logs. I also noticed the FW was not the latest on the netgear cm1000 so I call my isp and they said netgear had to fill out a FW update request form and send it in and they never did, I contacted netgear and they said they did request the FW update. so basicly I had a third party router that was stuck on old FW. I got a modem from my isp and now I can run any FW's on it without the disconnects. so was the cm1000 causing the disconnects,  I dont know but it seems that way.

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 135 of 208
GooniesNvrSayDi
Apprentice

I was accepted into the beta program but I get an Access Denied when I try to access the Beta Forum link.

Message 136 of 208
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@ChristineT can you help?
Message 137 of 208
NicoB7700
Aspirant

I'm having this same issue. Started after a few months of owning the router. I'm a streamer too, so having my router suddenly having these constant drops in the middle of a stream is incredibly annoying. I tried signing up for the beta, but I haven't heard back about it. Are they accepting anymore people?

Message 138 of 208
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. Yes they will be sending more invites. The fix isn't in the beta build currently available but will be in a later one. People have found that downgrading to .32 or .40 seems to resolve the issue so perhaps try that. Please note you will miss out on some security fixes if you do that.
Message 139 of 208
Delx
Apprentice

Hi all, I am having the same issue coudlnt get ip address for android devices after a few days and have to rester my router. When this happens also cannot access the router settings very well get "The operation is taking longer than expected. Please briefly wait before using this R-App."

Just bought this 2 weeks ago!!

Message 140 of 208
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Please try the open beta and see if that helps with your issues https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/bd-p/en-home-beta-npg-duma
Message 141 of 208
Delx
Apprentice

Hi I tried this but now after 3 weeks the issue is back but worse. The router now crashes several times a day. Before I could still access the net via Ethernet but now it disconnects completely?
Message 142 of 208
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I've thought of something new that might help. NG show a lot of false positives for attacks in the log, they may actually be blocking packets that are required and therefore cause disconnects. Could you try disabling the DoS protection in WAN Settings please?
Message 143 of 208
BPowell
Tutor

I ended up trashing the XR500 and buying an Asus RT-AX88U. Much more stable and has 8 LAN ports which is great because I'm thinking about setting up a NAS and can use link aggregation.

The stock firmware is better too.
Message 144 of 208
Delx
Apprentice

I will try that but not a very happy disabling Port Scan and DoS Protection!

Message 145 of 208
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The router still has a firewall so you should be protected regardless. If that is the issue I can let NG know.
Message 146 of 208
Delx
Apprentice

Well that has not worked either, now the wifi crashes while ethernet works fine and I cannot login to the router all i get it is This Rapp is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute. I have to hard reset.

Have Pm'd youy my log after hard reset.

Message 147 of 208
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Unfortunately I don't have any more recommendations at the moment as it is a legitimate bug but I am talking to the NG team lead right now and he's discussing with the developer about it. Will get back to you as soon as I have any new information.

Probably the best bet is to try the beta or downgrade to a firmware that may be more stable for you.
Message 148 of 208
Delx
Apprentice

Any more updates on this, I am getting fed up of restarting the router several times a day and may just end up giving it back.

Message 149 of 208
GooniesNvrSayDi
Apprentice

The beta resolved this issue for me. Where you able to get the beta installed? And, did you do a factory reset after you installed the beta?

Message 150 of 208
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7