× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 Device Manager Issue

Brennan73
Aspirant

XR500 Device Manager Issue

Good Afternoon, 

As I'm sure you're aware, there is a known XR500 device manager issue which causes online devices to show as offline. I know I am able go back to a previous firmware version as a work around but that's not something I am interested in doing. It has been an issue for a very long time now and on all of the threads about this issue it's mentioned that it's being looked into. 

I am asking for an update. Is there a firmware version or fix coming out to resolve this known issue that has been around for a very long time? If so, when? Please advise. 

Thank you. 

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

We're not able to make any estimations on firmware release times unfortunately but it will be fixed.
Message 2 of 4
Livingdog
Aspirant

I kn ow this thread is long, but I have just purchased an XR500, installed and configured. Firware 

V2.3.2.56

Most of my devices in use and online still show offline. Additionally, this was an upgrade from a Nighthawk AC1900, which although not perfect, did a far better job of identifying (most of the devices shown in the XR500 device manager can not seem to name correctly all of my devices).

1) How or when will this issue of incorrectly classifying devices as offline and

2) Better connected device labeling be fixed?

This is a near premium product, and to have such a flawed application interface is really, inexcusable.

Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

This is something that happened in .56 so will be fixed in the next version. If you do a reboot they should show online/name the devices better.
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7