× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 Device Manager Issue

Brennan73
Aspirant

XR500 Device Manager Issue

Hi there, I am experiencing an issue with my XR500 Device Manager. I believe it is only an issue with my desktop computer. It does not show as an online device. It doesn't matter if I'm on wireless or wired, my desktop computer always shows as offline. Yes, there is data activity on my desktop computer when it shows offline. I am on the latest firmware version, 2.3.2.40. If I restart my XR500 my desktop computer will show as online for a couple of minutes but then it goes back to offline. My desktop computer is listed twice in device manager if that matters, one for wireless and one for wired. I see numerous older threads discussing this issue but I wasn't able to find a solution. 

Please let me know what could be causing this issue and how to resolve it. 

Thank you. 

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: XR500 Device Manager Issue

Try and update FW and see if this corrects this issue:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/New-XR450-XR500-v2-3-2-56-Firmware-Upd...

Do a factory reset and setup from scratch after you have applied the update file. 

Message 2 of 8
Brennan73
Aspirant

Thank you for the reply. If I do the firmware update, will it wipe out all of my settings? I know you said I should do a factory reset but I really don't want to have to do that after every firmware update and need to reconnect all my devices, etc...so will it wipe all of my settings out?

Also, why is the latest firmware version not being automatically pushed out to people?

Message 3 of 8
Sunaikinti
Aspirant

Still happened to me on .56 firmware. I must have ps4pro on when I reboot router. Then keep it in sleep mode. If I turn it off, it goes offline and never comes back online.

Message 4 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Could you try downgrading to the .32 version please and see if that resolves the issue? It's something we're aware of that has been introduced in the latest versions but should work on .32.
Message 5 of 8
Brennan73
Aspirant

I would rather not downgrade the firmware version. I always want to be on the latest version because it's the most secure, etc...I can see this has been a known issue for quite some time. Do you happen to known when this will be resolved or if it's even being worked on? Thank you. 

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 6 of 8
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

We're reporting all commonly occuring problems to NETGEAR. We're always working on bug fixes.

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

If you upgrade to v56. It won't wipe your settings out. Only Factory Reset or ERASE will do that. It's recommended to do a factory reset if one encounters odd issues or problems that can't be solved by normal troubleshooting means, power cycles or reboots or minor changes. A reset maybe needed to see if this problem still appears from a default configuration with out any user configurations. You are encouraged to do a backup configuration to file for safe keeping. 

@Brennan73 wrote:

Thank you for the reply. If I do the firmware update, will it wipe out all of my settings? I know you said I should do a factory reset but I really don't want to have to do that after every firmware update and need to reconnect all my devices, etc...so will it wipe all of my settings out?

Also, why is the latest firmware version not being automatically pushed out to people?

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7