× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 Device Manager is unusable.

DRU732
Tutor

XR500 Device Manager is unusable.

It is really difficult to find, identify and manage the devices on my network with this router.

The standard tables normally used by Netgear are significantly more useful than this unreadable map on the NetDuma side of the interface.

There should be options to view this graphic as a table, sort columns, tag devices, show/hide devices based on tags, ...

Network Map.png

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Hi Dru, thank you for the feedback. We'll see if there is something we can do to improve the device manager with some of the suggestions you've made.
Message 2 of 7
PamelaPatty
Aspirant

Rif.: XR500 Device Manager is unusable.

Same here. The Device Manager panel is a mess and QoS is unmanageable. The router seems to multiply a single device in various clones, named as unamed device.
The firmware update V2.3.2.40 has not solved the issue. I'ts very frustrating.

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 3 of 7
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Rif.: XR500 Device Manager is unusable.

Hi Pamela - we’ve actually made a lot of improvements to this. Could you factory reset your router to clear the history. Then you should see better detection through switches, extenders etc.

We also now have a tabular view for the device manager. Click the three horizontal lines in the top left corner of the Network Map. You can then switch the view to table (and sort by different columns etc)
Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Well Device Manager seems to be better in v.40...This is taken from a 15" Mac Book Pro. Screen Shot 2018-12-18 at 10.00.53 PM.png

Message 5 of 7
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Good to hear! You can also toggle it into a table if you prefer (click the options button in the top left corner of the Network Map panel).

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Oh I didn't know that. I will try this out. 

Thank you. Smiley Wink

@Netduma_Jack wrote:

Good to hear! You can also toggle it into a table if you prefer (click the options button in the top left corner of the Network Map panel).

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7