× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 Device Manager issues

Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Great let us know, you should be able to use the two together if the Draytek can replace the DM200.
Message 26 of 30
Diabhalta
Star

Thanks Fraser, I will report back for sure. Might be a few days as my ISP asked me to leave the connection alone for a few days so they can sign off on an unrelated fault.

Been racking my brain on what the issue might be, do you know if that issue with MTU size on dm200 in bridge mode got fixed? Where 1492 wasnt working and some users had to go as low as 1400 to stop packet loss?

The challenge with the draytech 2862 is I cant figure out how to get bridge mode for PPPoE connection, manual and googling tells me only option is PPPoE passthrough which I dont want, I would want full bridge mode. I dont understand the mechanics of why the draytech has bridge mode option for all other protocols?
Message 27 of 30
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I haven't heard of that so can't say unfortunately. Do you have the option of modem or DMZ mode to use? Looking at the modem it has a lot of features so they maybe just thought it wasn't needed.
Message 28 of 30
Diabhalta
Star

There were a few people reporting MTU problems with the DM200 in bridge mode. Issue seemed to be despite 1492 being selected it was having issues until manually setting to as low as 1400. I had similiar symptoms where some websites and apps wouldn't work despite having perfect speedtests etc.

One commonality I've seen between my issues and others with similiar issues is when the speedtest is done on the XR500 during setup it returns correct download speed but 1000mbs upload speed. Not sure what this implicates but seems a common canary in the gold mine.

Either way, I'm up and running now and leaving stable for a few days at my IPS's request. Then I'll try to get a different modem or router in bridged mode to test if it's the DM200, XR500 or both having a problem.

Message 29 of 30
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thanks for the info. Sometimes the speed test can report incorrectly during setup so it's best to always double check after setup and change the speeds manually if necessary. Glad to hear that, keep us posted!
Message 30 of 30
Discussion stats
  • 29 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7