× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 Displaying The Incorect Ethernet slot light

usermac
Luminary

XR500 Displaying The Incorect Ethernet slot light

When I plug an ethernet cable into say ethernet slot 1 the router will indicate that it is in slot 4. The numbering is back to front. This is really anoying how do you get the router to display correct ethernet port number.

I have tried factory reset and updated the firmware and still I have the same problem.

This is verry anoying on such an exspensive bit of kit,  please tell me there is a fix for this fault ?

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That was around the time the issue occurred if I remember correctly. Start a ticket with support and it should get bumped up.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It's hardware so if it really annoys you then you can get it replaced. Though there is 0 impact on performance.
Message 2 of 7
usermac
Luminary

That was a quick reply. When you say its hardware does this mean its never going to be fixed or is it that it is just the one I purchased and just swapping it for a replacement should have the lights indicating as intented.

Message 3 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

There was a small batch released from the factory that had that issue which was quickly resolved and therefore any new units/one you would get if you chose to get it replaced would have the correct port number - LED synced properly
Message 4 of 7
usermac
Luminary

Hello I got a replacement from Amazon and that too has the same issue. Spoke to Netgear suport and they told me this unit is fairly new as it was built Febaury 2018 and they have never heard of this problem.I find it really anoying that a £250 router has missed the quallity control dept and in my case twice. As I have already recived a replacement from Amazon they wont replace it again but only other a refund in full which I am consdering unless netgear can send me a replacement. 

Message 5 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That was around the time the issue occurred if I remember correctly. Start a ticket with support and it should get bumped up.
Message 6 of 7
usermac
Luminary

Just to confirm Netgear suport is sending a replacemnt and they said they would make sure it was a new unit that is not affected by this issue. Thanks for the quick replies Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7