× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 Dropping Internet

frustrated98
Aspirant

XR500 Dropping Internet

Model: Nighthawk XR500

Firmware: 2.3.2.66

My nighthawk xr500 is randomly dropping internet connection for 10-15 seconds at a time. Not a huge computer whiz, and not sure where to start. Have already tried updating the software, and doing a hard reset on the router.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 Dropping Internet

How often are you seeing this issue occur? Is it just on wired or wireless devices or both?
Message 2 of 8
Rand_Thor_Al
Aspirant

I am seeing this every day 4 or 5 times a day. It's completely getting out of hand. Even with it plugged into a wall and not a power strip, and even with the 3.0 beta.

Edit: With everyone relying on internet for work or go to school the product is not reliable at all and I'm more than likely going to switch to something different. I don't believe a product should have this many issues, which were persistant even before this last update.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 3 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Totally understand that. What is your exact physical setup? i.e. what is the XR connected to? In Settings > Monitoring > Connection Status, what does lease obtained/expired say?
Message 4 of 8
frustrated98
Aspirant

A few times a day, and on wireless systems (phones and xbox)

Message 5 of 8
frustrated98
Aspirant

Fraser, for this information, would my setting be on my nighthawk app? Because I am able to get onto my app, but not able to get on through the IP Address, saying my username is incorrect and not sure what it is.

Message 6 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What is your exact physical setup? i.e. what is the XR connected to?

I'm not too familiar with the app but it might do. Otherwise if you don't know the login information for the router you will need to perform a factory reset.
Message 7 of 8
mr_taint
Aspirant

I'm in the same exact boat.  If you look through this forum there are dozens, if not hundreds of people with the same symptoms, and they clearly have absolutely no clue why this is going on.  Primarily because of their horrible programming whereby the LOGS ARE WIPED ON REBOOT, but also evidenced by the fact that for every single person the only suggestion is essentially "check the power cable".

Hey Netgear...you want a class action lawsuit?  Because this is how you get a class action lawsuit.  Absolutely laughably atrocious.

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7