× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 Drops Internet randomly

ballr4life88
Aspirant

XR500 Drops Internet randomly

I have had the XR500 for about 5 months now. I have not changed really any setting and it was working amazing until the last couple days. I will be downloading a game update or a new game when the download will slowly drop to 0 mbs and then i lost internet for all my devices. All the lights are white a blinking like normal. Wired and wireless devices lose internet. The only thing that helps is restarting the router and that is getting annoying. The other day I had to do it 4 times throughout the day. My kids were trying to watch netflix and I was on my computer not really over stressing it. I don't want to give up on this router yet. I have been reading a lot of forms with people having the same issue. Any help is appreciated. 

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 Drops Internet randomly

Is that the only time it happens, when the internet is being used heavily? Does it happen any other times?
Message 2 of 9
ballr4life88
Aspirant

I don't feel like watching netflix and downloading a game is considered heavy usage. I mean I have had my wife playing xbox me on my computer playing a game and both my kids streaming netflix or disney plus all at the same time regularly. but for some reason the last 5 days I can hardly do two things at once before the internet drops out.

Message 3 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What speeds do you pay for? Does it ever happen when the internet is being lightly used? Say for example when the kids are in bed and you're just web browsing?
Message 4 of 9
ballr4life88
Aspirant

I have 400 download and 30 upload through my ISP. It happened last night I was just web browsing and chatting with a friend through discord and the internet dropped.

Message 5 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

When it happens could you take a look in the log please on the System Information please and see if there are any entries around the time of the disconnect and post it here?
Message 6 of 9
ballr4life88
Aspirant

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back. I was away on business. Since I have been back I have noticed it again the last couple of days. losing internet to everything but the router lights stay white a blinking. I have attached the log from earlier today. I reset the router and then ran the log. I am not sure if i need to run the log without restarting my router some how. I have no idea what the log says or how to read it. Any help would be great. 

Message 7 of 9
ballr4life88
Aspirant

Here is another shot of the log. I hope this helps.

Message 8 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Thanks for the logs, I think this is the DHCP issue that Netgear will have a fix for in the next beta firmware. We removed the current beta firmware due to some issues but we should have one shortly. Keep checking here for the next firmware and then install that once available and see if it resolves the issues. https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/bd-p/en-home-beta-npg-duma
Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7