× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 Dumo OS 3.0 beta

Deijeneiro
Guide

XR500 Dumo OS 3.0 beta

Hi , I would like to know if I’m succesfully registered for the beta? Since its been like two months ago and people already recieved emails. Username should either be Deijeneiro or Marvin. This is takin’ very long tbh.
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If the form submitted successfully then you'll be signed up. All you need to do is wait for an email invite. I think more users will be invited one the next beta build is available.
Message 2 of 14
mc1500mc
Aspirant

@Netduma-Fraser 

i am noticing as i am playing Modern Warfare on PS4 multiplayer, that my servers are not where they should be. As i was the host of the room i showed my icon to be 100's of miles away from my location.

I am also noticing that i am connected to more than one server at a time which is not the case.

It appears there are Ghost Servers being shown. I have attempted to blacklist these without success.

There are also servers showing up when i am not actively playing. (attached screenshot)

I also notice that when i shut a device down on my network that the Device manager still shows it online, even 24hrs later after the device was powered off. the fix so far has been to reboot the router.

Message 3 of 14
mc1500mc
Aspirant

@mc1500mc wrote:

@Netduma-Fraser 

i am noticing as i am playing Modern Warfare on PS4 multiplayer, that my servers are not where they should be. As i was the host of the room i showed my icon to be 100's of miles away from my location.

I am also noticing that i am connected to more than one server at a time which is not the case.

It appears there are Ghost Servers being shown. I have attempted to blacklist these without success.

There are also servers showing up when i am not actively playing. (attached screenshot)

I also notice that when i shut a device down on my network that the Device manager still shows it online, even 24hrs later after the device was powered off. the fix so far has been to reboot the router.

@Netduma-Fraser Here is another issue im having. whe Geofilter starts to load i get an error message and the app never loads. see attached file.

Message 4 of 14
D3vious
Star

I would love the link too!

Does the beta address the QOS not working as designed when connected via a vlan?

Cheers!

Message 5 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@mc1500mc You don't appear on the Geo-Filter yourself so that will be someone you're connected to. You're likely showing the server and a player at the same time. If there is still a connection it will appear but then disappear shortly afterwards. Device manager fixes are coming in next build. That error is because you have probably rebooted and the name of the device changed or was removed. If you add the device back with the same name or reset it will be fixed. Also please post errors on the beta build to the beta section that I gave you the link to on the Netduma forum.
Message 6 of 14
mc1500mc
Aspirant

You don't appear on the Geo-Filter yourself so that will be someone you're connected to. You're likely showing the server and a player at the same time. If there is still a connection it will appear but then disappear shortly afterwards. Device manager fixes are coming in next build. That error is because you have probably rebooted and the name of the device changed or was removed. If you add the device back with the same name or reset it will be fixed. Also please post errors on the beta build to the beta section that I gave you the link to on the Netduma forum.

The link you provided brought me to the Netgear website where i created an account, but it didnt take me to the Beta build link. im sorry, i am lost on here. There is way too many links on this website.

Message 7 of 14
mc1500mc
Aspirant

@D3vious wrote:

I would love the link too!

Does the beta address the QOS not working as designed when connected via a vlan?

Cheers !

Im so sorry you havent recieved a link. So far what i have noticed is that the Beta reacts very similar as the last version in regards to how it handles QOS. I am not familiar with issues reguarding VLAN connections. 

Hope you get a chance to see for yourself.

have a great day!

Message 8 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Where did you download the firmware from @mc1500mc?
Message 9 of 14
D3vious
Star

Basically if you are using a vlan the qos on the upload side of things does not work at all... which is kind of the main reason to have a xr500 for prioritization and bandwidth control... you have to place another router between the xr500 and the fibre switch to get qos to work... which again adds latency 😕
Message 10 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Are you saying this happens in the beta or the normal firmware?
Message 11 of 14
D3vious
Star

Sorry for the confusion I was talking about the normal firmware, not the beta. I do not yet have access to the beta to test if this is resolved yet.
Message 12 of 14
D3vious
Star

Any chance of getting a Beta invite?

Message 13 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You have to wait for an invite basically, we can't give out invites unfortunately.
Message 14 of 14
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7