× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 Ethernet ports die randomly?

FURRYe38
Guru

I don't see this problem on my XR router. Possible the router the user has is faulty. Not everyone sees this issue on there XR router.

Message 101 of 108
sivola
Tutor

turning off instant on is not an option! this is a feature i want

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 102 of 108
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

In that case you may need to put a network switch between your XR500 and Xbox.

Message 103 of 108
FURRYe38
Guru

Been a long standing problem with MS and instant on with NG and other Mfr routers. MS seems to not care about fixing it. 

Try a external network non managed GB switch between the router and game console. 

@sivola wrote:

turning off instant on is not an option! this is a feature i want

Message 104 of 108
sivola
Tutor

I am sorry buying a switch is not a solution either and it is not only MS, this happens with windows laptops and my Apple TV also, so i am guessing Netgear doesn't have a way to solve this and not MS and Apple are the culprit here.

With all do respect this is just bad service for the customers and i am super disapointed and i am not going to buy netgear again, other router models i had worked fine, and a 300$ from netgear doesnt! BAD SERVICE!

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 105 of 108
FURRYe38
Guru

Either try the switch option or return the router and find something else. 

@sivola wrote:

I am sorry buying a switch is not a solution either and it is not only MS, this happens with windows laptops and my Apple TV also, so i am guessing Netgear doesn't have a way to solve this and not MS and Apple are the culprit here.

With all do respect this is just bad service for the customers and i am super disapointed and i am not going to buy netgear again, other router models i had worked fine, and a 300$ from netgear doesnt! BAD SERVICE!

Message 106 of 108
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I wouldn't call it a solution, it is a temporary workaround until the issue can be resolved by the development teams. If you don't have one then its up to you whether you want to purchase or not. You could try putting the router in AP mode for example and see if that works, you'll lose the features in that mode but it may be better for you until a fix is available.
Message 107 of 108
sivola
Tutor

Would be great to receive it and maybe finally have my router login, I have no option for RMA in my country so i am stuck with the issues... and saying oh this is a temporary solution doesn't apply when it takes a whole YEAR! to fix something...
But i really do wish this circus will end and that this firmware will solve all of this problems.

If you have a way to invite/share please do! 

Message 108 of 108
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7