× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 Factory reset, no connection now.

vegasrob
Follower

XR500 Factory reset, no connection now.

I factory reset my router today, i went back to set it up with routerlogin.net and its saying i have no internet connection.  I had connection before the reset.  I tried doing the mac address and it still saying the same thing.. i have thought of just about every option to try and im running out of ideas.  I do not have a modem, only need a router.  I cant connect to wifi or wired on anything, all of them say no connection.  

Message 1 of 3

@vegasrob wrote:

I factory reset my router today, i went back to set it up with routerlogin.net and its saying i have no internet connection. 

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

It might also help if you told people how you get that Internet. You say you have no modem but there must be something in front of this router. Even a socket on the wall is connected to something else.

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Nighthawk WiFi Routers. (This is easily done, given Netgear's complicated community structure.)

Many questions apply to different types of device, so there may be useful responses here, but the XR500 is a gaming router with its own DumaOS operating system, so you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Nighthawk Pro Gaming Routers - NETGEAR Communities

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. Look at the label on the device for the model number.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 3
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Just to clarify, did you go back through the initial setup when you went to routerlogin.net? You likely won't have an internet connection until you've completed this.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7