× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 Firmware Update With V2 ping assist

Flexj86
Aspirant

XR500 Firmware Update With V2 ping assist

Hi 

I have seen on the Netduma forum they have released 1.3 milestone on the R1 which has ping assist V2 and many more new features and wondering when it is getting released on the XR500. as ive had this router since day 1 in the UK. Will we be getting this update this month? 

kind regards john 

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 14
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 Firmware Update With V2 ping assist

Netduma staff here - cannot make any promises or commitments on NETGEAR's behalf, but I can say NETGEAR are working very hard with us to get new firmware releases out for you guys. They will announce more when they can.

Message 2 of 14

Netgear should be even getting the updates for the routers first or personally i think Netduma and Netgear should release every update at the same time. 

Message 3 of 14
Flexj86
Aspirant

the duma OS was first on the XR500! and took another 6 months to hit the R1. and now the R1 has the latest V2 update but not the XR500. so now ive bought the R1 

Message 4 of 14
TheOne_
Aspirant

About to make the switch to. It's a shame of them for not realleasing new DumaOs featue update across all dumaOs support
Message 5 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It will update soon and then DumaOS should be the same across all platforms
Message 6 of 14
TheOne_
Aspirant

Netgear any update on this yet? we need ping assist!
Message 7 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I haven't heard anything myself but I'm sure we're getting close!
Message 8 of 14
LevelUpLiam24
Apprentice

Would love to have a firmware update. I'm also having an issue with my xbox one in instant-on mode, it's on a separate thread but the issue basically resulted in the purchase of a switch to keep the router from disabling the ports. It's an expensive fix that should be resolved in the firmware. A separate random issue "theme mirrors are down" notification in the router log. Selecting themes from the top menu shows there are no themes available. I'm just hoping we get an update soon and the router lives up to it's full potential and price
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 9 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Are you on the latest firmware? I know the latest fixed it for others but not everyone. There are no themes currently, the functionality was implemented first so we can then add themes later.
Message 10 of 14
LevelUpLiam24
Apprentice

I belive so? I've checked a few times for updates and I'm currently on V2 3.2.40. 

Also, thanks for letting me know regarding the themes I thought there was an issue with it!

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 11 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That's the latest currently, did you have the issue on .32 also?
Message 12 of 14
LevelUpLiam24
Apprentice

I recently purchased my router within the last 4 months and it shipped to me with the latest firmware so I've never tried the previous version. I went ahead and purchased the GS305P Switch. Which seems to have resolved the problem. However, I've noticed that now the Xbox isn't automatically updating games/apps in the background. I've ensured I have all the settings on the Xbox correct, and have never encountered this issue before. Any suggestions as to what could be the issue?
Message 13 of 14
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Are you leaving the console enabled on the Geo-Filter once you've finished playing? If so switch to spectating mode or delete, does it appear to work properly then?
Message 14 of 14
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7