× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 Firmware Version 2.2.0.4 taken down?

Killhippie
Prodigy

XR500 Firmware Version 2.2.0.4 taken down?

If its back the please forgive me, but I noticed this morning that the 2.2.0.4 update seems to have vanished from netgears update page, should we downgrade? (assuming its not a glitch) or stay on this firmware?

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 9
BIG_DOG
Luminary

Re: XR500 Firmware Version 2.2.0.4 taken down?

Hi.

The firmware is still available so not sure as to why you can't download it. Click this link, enter XR500 into the search box and the download link is on the right.

https://www.netgear.com/support/download/

Message 2 of 9
Killhippie
Prodigy

I get this https://kb.netgear.com/app/error//error_id/1 when trying to download or even trying to look at release notes, try the release notes and see what it brings up for you, it may be a DNS issue with my ISP possibly.

Message 3 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yes it's been removed for now, I'd recommend staying on that version if you're on it already.
Message 4 of 9
BIG_DOG
Luminary

That’s very strange as when i saw this post this morning i clicked the firmware link n downloaded the firmware zip file!!!
Message 5 of 9
racersimage
Guide

Hopefully they're just getting ready to release the new firmware that was mentioned a couple of weeks ago.

Message 6 of 9
Killhippie
Prodigy

Yes I’m on that version so will keep on it and await the update release if that happens. Thanks for the info. Is there a reason it was pulled? Just curious. More information  about firmware that has been removed would be helpful for people who are not sure what is going on I have to say, because some will be on the previous version and some of us will be on the current version pulled version and no one really knows what’s happening at this time. 

Message 7 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

There is nothing wrong with the firmware but we're getting a new one out very soon, not many people had upgraded so we could pull it easily.
Message 8 of 9
Killhippie
Prodigy

Well that makes total sense as its a security patch...
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7