× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 Firmware issue

LevelUpLiam24
Apprentice

XR500 Firmware issue

Hey all,

This is the second time I've encountered this issue, the odd thing is this time I can't resolve it myself.

I'm getting the dreaded "DumaOS not loaded yet" message.

DumaOS not loadingDumaOS not loading

I went to routerlogin.net to resolve the firmware and rollback to the previous version. However, when I try and upload the firmare the cancel/upload buttons are blocked from being pressed. I tried several different browsers and have the same problem with each...
I was able to work around this by selecting the filename and pressing enter to which the firmware beigns uploading... However, I encounter another screen after the upload that states the firmware is older than the current do I wish to continue, to which I cannot press enter and the same button issue is present. I'm stuck here, I've tried just about everything. 

Firmware buttons lockedFirmware buttons locked

Any insight is much appreciated.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The easiest thing to do would be a factory reset as that should resolve it immediately, does that work?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The easiest thing to do would be a factory reset as that should resolve it immediately, does that work?
Message 2 of 3
LevelUpLiam24
Apprentice

That did the trick! Thank you for the response.

It's a blessing that I had backed up my settings only a week or so ago! Must have preemptively had known lol. So a reset, update, and then a settings restore solved the issue.
Honestly, it would only be more complicated setting everything back up due to the fact Verizon requires you to retain their router to keep the TV guide data working.
Much appreciated!
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7