× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: [XR500] For Sale - Hong Kong

Pixys
Guide

[XR500] For Sale - Hong Kong

Hello,

I am selling my XR500 in Hong Kong. It is 1 year old, works perfectly except a bug related to the EXT4 file system: a hdd/sdd formated in EXT4 will not appear in the READYShare storage section.

Netgear/Duma are not willing to find a solution despite the fact it is clearly stated in the technical documentation that the router supports EXT4.

I am getting tired to wait so I am going to move to an ASUS product which allows open source firmwares.

PM me if you are interested.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 7
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

You're not supposed to post buying and selling ads on this forum.

Regarding the ext4 support, that's actually the first time i've come across it so i'll have to look into this.

Message 2 of 7
Pixys
Guide

Well, I don't know what to say.... ah! Yes: Netgear/Netduma are not supposed to provide devices that do not meet the specs they advertise. It is a breach of contract and it is punished by law...

Regarding the EXT4 issue, you can have a look at this thread: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/XR500-External-USB-3-0-HDD-formated-in...

You can also ask your colleague @DarrenM to check his mailbox. He should find a few emails (actually 3, to be precised, I am a nice guy, I don't spam people) from me he never replied...

Message 3 of 7
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

I'm going to ask the developers here at Netduma to clarify if this is something that we're in a position to fix or if it's a NETGEAR problem. I agree with you that this is very annoying. Even if it's not a frequently used feature, it IS listed as compatible in the manual.

I'll let you know what they say.

Message 4 of 7
Pixys
Guide

Hello,

Any news?

Thanks

Message 5 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Haven't heard anything on our side but I will ask for an update. Also @Christian_R could you help with this?
Message 6 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Pixys - I'll check with engineering for any updates and get back to you as soon as possible. 

~Christian 

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7