× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 GEO-Filter Blocking Game Chat

SquiggleSnackss
Follower

XR500 GEO-Filter Blocking Game Chat

Hello, so I experienced a problem after I had set up my XR500s geofilter, I launched Fortnite on my ps4, joined a buddy and I could not hear him. Started a playstation party and still could not hear him, joined a few other buddy’s nothing, couldn’t hear 13 people in one lobby. All 13! So I start to diagnose the issue, turned off/on a few things and kept restarting my ps4 and trying again. Finally I put my ps4 on spectating mode instead of filtering and bam all chat abilities were back. Turned it back to filtering and same thing happened.

So upon this discovery I changed my filter scanning zone, I live in Pennsylvania so I’m very close to both NA-East fortnite servers (Ohio, Virginia). I had the distance set as low as possible just to cover both Virginia and Ohio, it seems somehow it being set low prohibits my game chat abilities. If I use the fortnite profile distance bam, chats are back.

I didn’t have time to mess around with it too much the other night after finally figuring it out after 2 hours. Before I start again I’d like to know why or what is causing the geofilter to not allow any of my chat abilities to work! If anybody has some insight or help I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you in advance
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 2
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 GEO-Filter Blocking Game Chat

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements