× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 Geofilter Connects to Dedicated Servers

Chanharr
Aspirant

XR500 Geofilter Connects to Dedicated Servers

Hi, when I change my home location to another country, my geofilter still connects to dedicated servers outside of the range I have set for filtering. I am playing Destiny 2 with strict mode enabled and auto ping enabled. Is there a Ping Assist setting I am not aware of? I do not see it under Geofilter dashboard.

Thanks!
Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 2
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 Geofilter Connects to Dedicated Servers

Hi there - that should not be happening and your settings sound good (although you usually need to disable for Strict Mode in Destiny 2).

So there's a couple of possibilities here:

1. You are in Spectating Mode instead of Filtering Mode. Make sure you're in Filtering Mode (set this in the Device panel at the top of the Geo-Filter page)
  2. You're actually just seeing an authentication server, which is whitelisted to always be allowed through - without that you would not be able to play the game at all.

If you're happy with your settings, could you take a screenshot of your Geo-Filter page the next time it happens and post the image on here. We should then be able to see what's happening.

Ping Assist has not been released on the XR500, so it won't be that interfering with it. There will be a new firmware for the XR500 soon (just going through final testing), and NETGEAR will announce what's in the update once it's released.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7