× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 Halo 5 party question

XR500 Halo 5 party question

In Halo 5 with geofiltering enabled, my doubles partner once in a while ends up in a game without me since the router drops the connection to a server outside of the geofilters range.  I have the xr500 router and he does not. He lives about 30mins away and same isp if that makes a difference.   

Is there a setting I can configure on the router or in halo 5 / xbox live to drop him as well from the game?  Otherwise he ends up in a 2v1 or 2v2 with a crappy random in ranked play which isn't good if he doesn't drop out to dashboard in time.

Basically I'd like to keep the party together, its a shame that halo 5 doesn't detect if a party member gets dropped and send everyone else in the party back to the dashboard before getting them into a game.

Message 1 of 3
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Are you the party leader? You should be if you're using the Geo-Filter. If you are then usually the game should drop you both out, if its not doing that then theres no way that I know of unfortunately. Just an annoying game mechanic.
Message 2 of 3

Excellent thanks for the heads up, not sure if I was party leader or not as we tend to go back and forth on that.  Will give it a shot next couple of times we play and see if it makes a difference.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7