× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 Hardwire console procedure

Robh19
Aspirant

XR500 Hardwire console procedure

I set my router up last night, but i can’t figure out how to run it with a wired connection to my consoles. Called tech support today and was told that I had to pay an additional $159.99 to download and install some software to the router in order to be able to do so. Is this true, and if not, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: XR500 Hardwire console procedure

game consoles? 

Just connect a CAT6 LAN cable between the router and the game consoles.

Message 2 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

As above. Also if you purchased the router new you'll need to register it and then you should be able to contact tech support without paying anything
Message 3 of 8
Robh19
Aspirant

I did that to start. The system recognizes it, but the router doesn’t. System says it’s hardwired, but I can’t connect to the online gaming. Also, it doesn’t recognize it in DumaOS.
Message 4 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Are you referring to the Device Manager? It may not have detected what it was but should still appear, just may need to rename the device. Match the IP/MAC address shown on the Device Manager with the console network settings. Are you using the Geo-Filter?
Message 5 of 8
Robh19
Aspirant

Yes, I’m using the geo filter.
Message 6 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

@Robh19 wrote:
I did that to start. The system recognizes it, but the router doesn’t. System says it’s hardwired, but I can’t connect to the online gaming. Also, it doesn’t recognize it in DumaOS.

Message 7 of 8
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Do you have static IP addresses on your consoles? If so, you should disable these and allow it to dynamically receive an IP address from your router.

If that's not the solution, what happens when you run a network test on your console? You said it will not connect, so what error message do you see?

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7