× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 High Ping Under Load (Connection benchmark)

ExZachly
Follower

XR500 High Ping Under Load (Connection benchmark)

I've been getting high ping under load during upload (400ms+) .... So last night I disabled port scan / dos protection and I also enabled respond to internet ping and I finally got an A+ score (24ms). This was around 2:30 in the morning. Well I just tested again tonight (10:00pm) because I was getting some packet burst icons and micro stutters pretty frequently while pc gaming and I'm back to the normal D score with horrible ping while under load (upload). Maybe disabling those firewall protections wasn't the issue as it's back. I've tried moving the sliders to various percentages both upload and download on qos>congestion control with no change. Any ideas? 

Internet: Xfinity gigabit averaging 900 download and 25 upload (ethernet)

Modem: netgear cm1000v2

Router: netgear nighthawk xr500

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 2
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 High Ping Under Load (Connection benchmark)

At the moment the graph is reporting higher than expected so we will be fixing that. I'd suggest adjusting the sliders manually to find what works best for you, you won't have actually had that ping if your connection was under load.
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7