× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 Initial SpeedTest retest

GoldenSifter
Follower

XR500 Initial SpeedTest retest

Hello everyone,

So when i did the inital setup for my XR500 router, it did a speedtest to determine the download/upload speed.

That setup my quality of service uploads and downloads.
But recently, i upgraded my network speeds which makes that test irrelevant now.

Before: 220mbps Download

and 10mbps upload

After: 300 download

and 30 upload

so when I go enable QoS, and do a speed test, it isn't limiting by percentage, it is literally limiting by upload 7(which was 70% before upgrade) when I keep the slider at 70%. but to my understanding it would just be 70% which should be 21 upload, not 7 now. I have attached the QoS portion of my config for your reference. Also, when i disable QoS, i get the 30 upload like I am supposed to.

How can I do the inital speed test again so it can reset my download and upload speeds in QoS so that my upload isn't being restricted.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 Initial SpeedTest retest

Click the 3 line option menu in the top left of the Anti-Bufferbloat panel and change your bandwidth speeds there to what you pay for/expect and it will then use the percentage of those new speeds.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
edsi2fe_7hg
Aspirant

Test again after you prefer upload much over download. If there is no option to prefer download-upload then it may prefer services, even download not sure.

Remember to disconnect as much devices connected to it as possible as well as services of the device that you think must be connected. If you feel then try fast.com too.

Part I don't understand is why QoS will not prefer upload when no download is running. QoS isn't a limitation, it only limits a less-preferred when it is demanded by a preffered service. So if some form of download is occuring it will naturally limit upload if you configure like it.

Message 2 of 3
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Click the 3 line option menu in the top left of the Anti-Bufferbloat panel and change your bandwidth speeds there to what you pay for/expect and it will then use the percentage of those new speeds.
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7