× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 Internet Disconnects every 3 days without fail

tuffy09
Follower

XR500 Internet Disconnects every 3 days without fail

Hello, i recently upgraded my home network to an XR500 since my ISP Router Wireless range sucked bad, so i bought the XR500 but since then ive set it all up.. My ISP Router is an SUPER HUB 4 From Virgin Media an is in modem mode. Then i ran the setup wizard from the XR500 everything set up smoothly But since ive put it in modem mode every 3 days the internet cuts out completely.. It cuts off the WiFi an everything connected to it via ethernet.. It happens every 3 days.. an it will not turn the internet back on until i reset the HUB4 then it works for another 3 days? what is causing this? as i run alot of connections due to my family being gamers this is really frustrating as i have to reset it every 3 days when i purchased an £250 router to solve issues not create them 😞

Message 1 of 2
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 Internet Disconnects every 3 days without fail

I have VM also and I find their modem mode to be a bit finicky. I would suggest putting it back to router mode, then giving the XR a static/reserved IP on the VM and putting it in the VM DMZ. Then see if the connection is sustained for longer than 3 days.
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7