× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 Internet Speeds / Latency (Connection)

ShinyCharz
Aspirant

XR500 Internet Speeds / Latency (Connection)

Hello - I currently have 1 GIG internet thru my ISP. When I run the connection benchmark it will only go to 320 - 400 and that's it and give the internet speed a D. I can't figure out the issue on why it's not getting the full download speed from the modem. When I run a speedtest on speedtest.net it's typically 940/45 with 12 MS. The XR on connection benchmark is 25+ and on my xbox it's 40+. There is a serious issue and i'm not entirely sure on how to fix it or what the exact problem is. Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 Internet Speeds / Latency (Connection)

We're still improving the results shown by Benchmark so you can ignore that, as you're getting the expected speeds through Speedtest.net it's all working fine.
Message 2 of 8
ShinyCharz
Aspirant

Would there be a reason why my ping is so high during online gaming - terrible latency. 

Message 3 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

What does the Geo-Filter say the ping is and what does the in game ping say?
Message 4 of 8
ShinyCharz
Aspirant

The Geo Filter says ping is 23-28 and I’m getting 41, 42, 50, 60… etc. it’s awful
Message 5 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay that's about right then, they add processing delay to the in game calculation between 10-30ms usually. Still quite a respectable ping really but try forcing different servers, even if the Geo ping is a bit higher the overall ping shown in game may be lower if the server isn't under much load.
Message 6 of 8
Fudien
Aspirant

@Netduma-Fraser Is this still a known issue. When going through a web based speed test I am getting roughly 900/900, but when I use the internal connection testing it is around 450/450. I am running V2.3.2.130 

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 7 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Fudien we're still improving the results from Benchmark but don't worry, if the other test is saying 900/900 that is what you will be getting
Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7