× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 Internet speed Problem

Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Sent you a PM Basiu1
Message 26 of 41
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

I will PM it to you now.

Message 27 of 41
Roadrunner79
Guide

.img file does not work. couldn't use or try.

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 28 of 41
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Did you export it from the zip file on to your desktop for example and then upload that .img file into the router? If so what error do you get?
Message 29 of 41
Stykee
Guide

so ive done what you told me to do and im still getting the same speed. when i turn on my QoS

Message 30 of 41
Basiu1
Initiate

got the beta firmware installed,  download speed still remain cut half, awaiting next version hopefully can fix the issues

Message 31 of 41
Roadrunner79
Guide

The same as everyone else. Nothing positive about this beta firmware.

Message 32 of 41
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Thank you for the update everyone. Have you contacted NETGEAR's official support to report this problem? http://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

If so, please could you share your Case IDs? We can send these to NETGEAR to give it extra focus.

Message 33 of 41
blackshirt40
Guide

can i get the lastest beta? i have a internet video baby monitor that when ever is allowed in the devices causes my games to lag, its the upload i guess putting to much strain on it even tho its only about 2 megs, i have tried every combanation of settings to fix it and the only thing that gets close is if i limit it to about .5 mb and turn off excess sharring, fyi i have 210 down and 12 up so i dont think its a limit of my internet

Message 34 of 41
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I've sent you a PM blackshirt. You should be using Anti-Bufferbloat to eliminate local congestion, we recommend 'Always' and both download/upload sliders set to 70%
Message 35 of 41
blackshirt40
Guide

It makes no difference on our off. I have truly tried every thing even ran an ethernet cable running I was over doing the wifi
Message 36 of 41
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Can you provide a screenshot of your entire QoS page/settings please and I can take a look. You may have share excess off, so would recommend enabling that.
Message 37 of 41
blackshirt40
Guide

i have tried it turned off and on, when its on, games lag. everything else seems to have enough bandwith i can stream 4k vids while playing as long as i have sharing off, when i turn excess sharing on is when the games start to lag. i have taken ccna 1-4 so i have a really good grasp on everything.  the router either just cant handle the constant upload, or the QoS are placing the camra first even tho i have tried to tweak every setting to place my computer firstScreenshot (7).png

Message 38 of 41
blackshirt40
Guide

i have tried it turned off and on, when its on, games lag. everything else seems to have enough bandwith i can stream 4k vids while playing as long as i have sharing off, when i turn excess sharing on is when the games start to lag. i have taken ccna 1-4 so i have a really good grasp on everything.  the router either just cant handle the constant upload, or the QoS are placing the camra first even tho i have tried to tweak every setting to place my computer first

Message 39 of 41
blackshirt40
Guide

Message 40 of 41
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Your settings look good. Have you run a line quality test? If you could use PingPlotter to do this and post the results we can take a look. Guide here: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/23881-ping-plotter-quick-guide/

Message 41 of 41
Discussion stats
  • 40 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7